Let's Take These Bastards Down

Sirius and Remus were visiting James ans Lily when Sirius got the news.

Regulus had turned against his parents, tried to fight Voldemort and had been killed. Sirius couldn't even attend his funeral because if he went he would be killed.

"I'm so sorry, Padfoot. At least he died doing what was right."
Lily said as gently as she possibly could.

Sirius was staring at a picture of all five of them in their seventh year. Him, Remus, James, Peter and Lily. They didn't see Peter much anymore. Only once or twice a year. But the other four were always at each others houses. James and Lily had gotten a little house in Godricks Hollow, and Sirius and Remus lived close by in their own little house.

Sirius nodded and Remus walked over, grabbing his hand and kissing his knuckles gently while James made him a cup of tea.

"Regulus is dead."
Walburga's voice held no emotion. All Sirius could hear was the monotonous drone he always heard the few time he had spoken to her since he moved in with James in their sixth year.

"W-what?"
Sirius caught himself on the counter of James' kitchen and he ran his hand over his face.
"H-how?"

Walburga sighed.
"He tried to face the Dark Lord. I shouldn't be speaking to you, but I thought you should know. Don't come to the funeral. You'll be killed."

Sirius heard the faintest hint of a Mother's care in her voice, but then it was gone as she said goodbye to him.

Sirius gulped and leaned against the wall, sliding down and putting his head in his hands.
"Remus."
He had managed to choke out before beginning to sob.

Remus held Sirius to him and kissed his temple.
"It's alright, Padfoot. It's okay."

Sirius let a few tears escape as he thought about Regulus.  He then remembered the Order.

Sirius quickly spun around and stared at his friends.
"Call everyone. Let's take these bastards down."

¤¤¤¤

Years earlier, Sirius had said the same thing in a playful manner.

Some of the Gryffindors in the fifth year were playing a game in the common room. James, Sirius, Remus, Frank, Alice and Lily all stood in the common room, split into two teams. On one side was Sirius, Remus and Lily and on the other was Frank, Alice and James.

They all had their little team costumes. Sirius had called his team the Coolies and they all wore Remus' oversized jumpers. James had called his team the Lions and they had rabbit ears from last easter on their heads (Lily had forced the boys to join her in the muggle festivity to make friends after being mean to Severus in first year. James agreed so quickly it was almost scary).

The two teams made their way out of the commons and to the grass outside of the castle. Sirius told his team what to do and they began to make a fort out of their trunks that they had brought down with them. James did the same.

The plan was, that they would all use harmless spells on each other and use the forts to protect themselves.

Sirius began to pace in front of his two teammates like a drill sergeant.
"Boys-"

"I'm a girl."
Lily said with a raised eyebrow.

"People,"
Sirius corrected with a playful glare.
"This is war. A war thay we cannot afford to lose. You get hit once, you're gone! Stay below the fort unless you are shooting and stay safe. Mooney, I want you to go from the left, surprise attack them. Get Frank. Lily, you go from the right and go for Alice because we can't attack girls. It's against the Marauders code of conduct-"

"We have a code of conduct?"

"Shush Moony! Got it, Lily? Good. I'll go for James. Let's take these bastards down!"

~

Sirius smiled sadly at the memory as he said those words. It seemed that the others had remembered it as well.

"Sirius, we can't just go in blind. We need a strategy or we're all going to die. How about we just lay low for a few years. We're only nineteen years old. We still have out whole lives ahead of us. Leave this to the proffesionals until we're ready. Regulus wouldn't want you to die for the sake od avenging his death."
Remus' reasoning always got Sirius and he reluctantly nodded.

"Thank you. Now let's have our tea and calm down. We'll call Dumbledore and see if he's got anything planned. Maybe Minnie could help us."

¤¤¤¤¤

This shot makes me sad, but oh well.

I feel like this is more a jumbled up book than one shots. What do you think?

Byeeee!

~Tyarna