Chapter 13.

Music blasted in my ears as I laid on my bed, arms and legs stretched out taking up the whole space. I could hear Jaime humming along to the tune as she sat on the floor with her back leaning against the bed catching up on all the daily gossip from the magazine she was reading. 

"Lets paint our nails" Jamie said from the floor, turning her body to face me. 

I let out a groan closing my eyes well throwing my arms over my face,

"no"

"please" she whined, prolonging her 'e' sound. 

"no"

"come on"

"no"

It was silent for a couple of seconds and I let out a sigh thinking she had finally given up. I took my arms off my face and didn't even get to see anything before a pillow smacked me in the head. 

"Hey!" I yelled bolting up into a sitting position. 

Jamie stood next to my bed a tight grip on the pillow as she giggled. 

"The-the expression on you-your face" she barley finished her sentence before she burst out into full blown laughter clutching her stomach as her face turned red from lack of oxygen. 

I grabbed the pillow that laid beside me and sat on my knees before repeatedly smacking her in the side with it. 

"ow! ow! ow!" she cried, but that didn't stop me , "OK! I'm sorry! Im sorry!" 

She gripped her pillow harder before she started hitting me and that ladies and gentlemen is how we started out pillow fight. 

It lasted for another five minutes before her pillow broke and I fell off the bed. 

I landed on the floor in a thump as feathers floated through the air. Jamie sat on the floor beside me trying to catch her breath. We looked at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter. 

I heard my door fling open and we both looked up to find Elliot starring at us with wide eyes. 

"holy shi-" 

I threw a pillow at him from where I laid, looking deformed. 

He didn't move as the pillow weakly connected with his chest, but he rolled his eyes and strode forward grabbing both our wrists and pulling us to our feet. 

"Dinner is ready" he told us before turning around and walking out the door. 

Jaime and I looked at each other before hurrying after him. 

"You can cook?" I asked him once we caught up to him. 

"We will find out" was all he replied. 

The three of us walked into the kitchen and towards the dinner table which was already set with plates and utensils. Elliot pulled out the chairs for both me and Jamie as we giggled when he over-exaggerated his actions to look like one of those fancy waiters. Once Jamie and I were settled he went over to the stove and brought over some spaghetti and meat sauce placing it in the middle of the table, he walked back over to the oven and pulled out a tray of garlic bread also bringing that over to us. I inspected the food closely after I served it onto my plate and it all looked edible. Thankfully. 

Elliot starred at us when we both took a weary first bite. I chewed slowly praying that I wasn't going to get food poisoning. After a few seconds I realized it tasted really good and I scooped nothing bite into my mouth. Not even seconds later I was basically shovelling everything down my throat. 

"So?" 

Oh I totally forgot he was here. Food is life so you cant blame me. I glanced at Jamie to see pasta sauce all over her mouth and I bet I didn't look any better. When I looked back at Elliot he starred at the both of us expectantly.

I cleared my throat wiping my mouth with a napkin. 

"It sucked" I said looking him dead in the eye. 

Jamie caught on to what I was doing and nodded, "Ive tasted better" 

Ive never seen anyone deflated faster then I did when we told Elliot his food sucked. 

"KIDDING" I shouted, startling him. 

"IT WAS SO GOOD! HOW THE HECK DID YOU LEARN THIS!" I continued shouting. 

"This was honestly sorcery" Jamie said taking another bite.

"It was really that good?" Elliot said. 

"defiantly" I responded before going back to eating. 

We all sat at the dinner table in silence, all of us to absorbed in the amazing food Elliot had made. After dinner we all helped clean the table chatting about nonsense. 

"We are going back upstairs now" I informed Elliot. 

"Ok, if you need anything you know where to find me" he said walking into the living room. 

Jamie and I walked upstairs and into my room. I sat at the edge of my bed well Jamie crawled under my it. 

I know what you thinking. What the heck is she doing under there? Honestly, Im just as confused as you. 

"What are you doing, Jamie?" I questioned her, bewildered. 

"One sec" she said, her voice muffled. 

She appeared a second later holding up a plastic bowl of nail polishes that I had stored away. Im not even going to ask how she knew they were under there. 

I groaned, rubbing my temples. 

"fine" I said.

She squealed sitting on the ground and looking through the colours. I walked over and sat in front of her also looking through them. In the end we both decided on a cute baby blue colour so we could be matching. 

Luckily I had more then one bottle of that colour so we could both do our nails at the same time. Jamie got started on her nails and I connected my phone to the speaker once again blasting music. I started on my nails, making sure not the mess up and keep a steady hand. 

I had finished one hand and was halfway through the other when Jamie's phone started going off. 

"Hey, could you turn down the music a bit?" she asked as she went to grab her phone.

I nodded even though she couldn't see and turned down the volume.

"Hello?..yes this is Jamie..She what?!" Jamie yelled jumping to her feet, her phone fell from her fingers and smashed to the ground, the glass flying everywhere. 

She looked up at me eyes filled with tears. The next words she said made my heart stop. 

"My mom has been in a car accident".

________________________________________________________________________________

I know I say this a lot but I'm so so so sooooooo sorry for taking so long to update. I have no excuses just that I've been having writers block. I want to thank each and every one of you for always supporting me and leaving such encouraging comments. 

I realized my last chapter was very short and tried to make this one a little longer. 

Also its 4:30 am right now and I stayed up all night to get this done :)

So what did you think about this one? Any ideas about whats going to happen to Jaime's mom?

Please vote and leave a comment, I always love you feedback.

Love you all!