Chapter 8

*Future generation*

Boruto's Pov

Hmm.. These Chūnin exams are different. There was no written test for us. Wahh I hate written tests. Too troublesome. Oh when we came here we met Uncle Shikamaru, Aunt Ino and Choji-san and a guy named Kabuto. He seemed weird, like he had these cards that has information about everyone except for me , Sarada and Mitsuki, need to keep an eye on him. Woah guess what, we even met Mom, Shino-sensei, Kiba-san, TenTen-sensei, Lee-sensei, I never knew Lee-sensei could be this cool, and their teammate who kinda looked like Mom. Maybe they are related....Need to check it!

We are all sitting in a large room with all the proctors sitting around us to check if any of us were cheating. Sarada and Mitsuki were pretty far away from me. Now the rules seems fishy... There
are nine questions and the tenth one will be revealed after the time limit is up, with a special rule. If anyone is caught cheating or wants to quit, the whole team is eliminated. If anyone fails, the whole team fails. This is like they want us to fail.

The only thing I really despise is the seating arrangement. Sarada is sitting in the right corner in the third row first coloumn, in front of Sasuke-san. Mitsuki is sitting behind me in the left corner last row and column. I think third purpose is to scatter the teams. Me....*sigh* I am sitting in centre row and column... Dad is sitting beside me and beside him is Mom. I could hear his rant every second. *Sigh* Its annoying. Some of the questions are pretty hard to ask a genin and I had a hard time cracking them and I kinda did cheat... ONLY for specific questions, but still it makes me feel guilty for cheating, especially after our Chūnin exams. Mom and I tried helping dad but he is too oblivious to notice our help. Okay now need to concentrate, six more questions to go, ttebasa !

Mitsuki's Pov

Hehe, The real purpose of this exams is to test the skills of information gathering skills as ninja. I used the skill of collecting the sound vibration in the air to get the answers. I wonder how Boruto is doing. I think he is doing well, after all he is my sun. Sarada seems doing pretty fine, I don't want our team to lose. now the tenth is the only one remaining for me.

Naruto's Pov

Wahhh. I don't the answer for at least one question. Oh I am gonna fail. Teme and Sakura-chan are gonna skin me alive. oh god don't tell me this is my last day. Should I cheat, but what happens if I get caught, even in that case my team will be eliminated. Should ask help from Boruto, will he report to the proctor, I am gracefully stuck! thank you. But it wouldn't hurt to trust him right...

"N-Naruto-Kun."

I turned around to see the owner of the voice. It was Hinata, how come I not notice her before.

She look at me for a brief second then says "H-Here l-look at my p-paper."

Is she offering me help, WOW! she is a life saver. YAY this is not my last day.

She showed her paper by sliding it under her elbow towards me. I was slowly peeking into her paper, trying not to make it look oblivious. As I was about to read the answer for the first question, a Kunai flew past right in front of my eyes and landed at a random dude behind me.

"H-Hey, I wasn't, I s-swear I wasn't cheating." that dude started protesting while a proctor was dragging him away.

All my hopes are in the tenth question.

*Time Skip*

Boruto's Pov

"Now the time is up!" Ibiki-san yelled.

"Oh god, what should I do. What should I do." I heard dad chanting beside me.

"Okay kids, as I told you the tenth question has a special rule." He look a devious smirk. "The special rule is you need to decide that weather you want to answer the question right now. If you don't want, you need to quit right now. If you do that, your whole team will be eliminated. If choose to answer and answered it incorrectly you will stay as a genin for the rest of your life." He finished.

I could literally see dad shaking out of fear. Is he thinking that he is gonna stay as genin. Pfff, no he will become the 'coolest kage' ever, dattebasa.

"I-I want to quit." A guy who was sitting behind us said. "I am sorry team but I-I don't want to stay as a genin for the rest of my life. I am sorry!" He yelled.

A lot of teams were eliminated, still there were quite a number.

I saw dad slowly raise his hand. My eyes widened. Is going to quit, no he can't what about his dr--

"I AM NOT A QUITTER, DATTEBAYO." He slammed his hand back on the desk. "EVEN IF STAY AS A GENIN FOREVER, I WILL BECOME A HOKAGE!" His eyes showed determination. Wow. Looking at this my confidence came back.

"Yeah!" I yelled "just show us the damn question!"

Ibiki-san smiled and said "you all pass"

Wait did that hear correctly, we all passed. They won't bother to check the answers. Why did we nee- I got cut off from my thoughts again.

"Well, like most of you had already figured it out, it was an exam on how well are your information gathering skill. Like you see no genin can answer this type of questions. So we will already kept two of our helpers who already knew the answer, so you were forced to cheat."

Phew I thought I did another mistake. But we got fooled again

"Umm..I knew that already hehe.." I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. He didn't seem to notice it.

"Well those who showed determination and the will to never give up, passed this test." In one swift movement, he removed the cap he was wearing. He scalp was covered with a lot of scars.

"When you go to spy missions, you need to really be careful not to get caught. If you were caught, you should not reveal anything else, they will use any method of torture." He finished.

Oh, so that's the reason there were a lot of proctors.

Someone broke into the exam hall through the window. Wait she kinda looks familiar but I would be be able to believe it's her.

"Waoh, there still a lot of genin are remaining. Are you trying soft Ibiki"

"No, these genins are different from previous years."

"Hmm, let's see about it." She turned to us.

"Alright kids!" She yelled "my name is Anko Mitrashi. Nice to meet ya all."

Non way she is Anko-sensei. She used be soo chubby, okay that's our generation, I looked at Sarada, she was also surprised.

"And now we are going to... Forest of Death"

A/N: I am really sorry for not updating. Oh and happy birthday Sasuke Uchiha. I wanted to do another chapter but I didn't get time. I am really sorry 😅😥 I will try best to update frequently as possible.

 I am really sorry 😅😥 I will try best to update frequently as possible

23.07.2018