chapter 5: Psycho [18+]

Jieqiong's pov

It has been over a month, and everything is cleared up and okay. I talked to Nayoung about what's been going on and she agreed it was our secret, that we were just friends.

Hearing this was the biggest relief of my life. I didn't have to worry about my family and I didn't have to worry about other peoples opinion of me, nor my own.

Despite all my physical attraction towards Nayoung, I knew I still couldn't be into girls. When I look at a girl I feel nothing, I don't care to be with a girl in that way.

The reason Nayoung was okay with it was because she said she didn't want to be in a committed relationship, which I felt the same, We are just friends with benefits.

In public or at school, her and I still acted as though we were complete strangers, and I was fine with that, because then I wouldn't have to worry about Eunwoo.

Lately Eunwoo seems to have a strong suspicion over us, She is the only one that knows about me almost always going to Nayoung's house, she shows curiosity.

"I'm confused, you and her hang out a lot after school, but you act like you hate each other at school... Why..?" She asked.

"Well.. We don't hate each.. Where'd you get that idea..?" I responded.

"Whenever you two are anywhere near each other, you ignore each other and you act as though the other isn't there, yet after school you guys hang all the time"

"We don't hangout, I've been helping her unpack and telling her tips on the neighborhood.. She is very different you know? She'd get eaten alive with negativity" I said, and I wasn't lying.

"Like what type of different? Is she in a gang? Is she a drug dealer?!"

"Oh my God no! Like.. She's a bit of a trouble maker, have you not heard the trouble she's gotten into this school year already" I explained.

This year so far she has been sent to the office over twenty times, Mainly for walking out of class and off of school campus without any permission.

She has also gotten in trouble for two fights and for dress code, oh God her clothes are never in sync with the schools dress code, but the school won't give up and let her go.

Talking about Nayoung with Eunwoo made me kinda sad, Eunwoo had this hopeless crush on me and I turned her completely down, but now here I am with Nayoung.

The more we talked the more I began to see that Nayoung and I really were off the hook. We saw each other as friends and so did everyone else, no one would suspect us.

As we talked I heard a knock at the door, Me and eunwoo made eye contact before I got up and walked to the door, I was surprised to see a guy in my doorway.

The boy kneeled down on one knee and held a box up to me, his head down as he practically shouted I like you Zhou Jieqiong, will you go out with me? He said shyly.

After this sudden confession I realized something, it was almost winter break. This is when guys try to man up and get a girlfriend to bring home for Christmas.

Then something even bigger popped into my mind. My ex always comes over near Christmas time.. I'll just warn Nayoung ahead of time so she'll know who he is.

"I'm sorry, I'm actually in a relationship right now" I said. I still had Eunwoo and everyone else thinking I got the hickeys from a boyfriend who's abroad.

The boy nodded and turned around with his head low, I hated rejecting people, it breaks my heart to watch their eyes slowly dim with sadness as they leave empty.