chapter 10: I need you

Jieqiong's pov

"Did you stay the night?" I asked.

"Yeah" Roa said with a smile.

"I also brought you a gift" Roa continued.

"I'm going to die of embarrassment if I see a single balloon Roa." I said.

"Even better." Roa said.

Roa pulled her phone out and faced her screen away from me childishly, after she was done she pocketed the phone and stared at me with a bright smile.

Nayoung walked in the room. Immediately  my eyes watered and I couldn't tell if I wanted to smile or freak out. Roa pointed out that my heart scan went crazy.

When I looked at Nayoung, I realized that this beautiful, sweet, gentle girl in front of me, she was all I needed and she was all I wanted. She surely was the best gift ever.

"I'll give you some alone time" Roa said.

The girl glanced at both of us with a smile and made her way towards the door, closing it behind her. I looked at Nayoung who was walking to the seat besides my bed, I could tell she had cried recently.

Nayoung stood by my bedside and held her arms out, I smiled and wrapped my arms around her with all my might, It made me happy to finally hug her again.

When we finished hugging she sat on the bed facing me, we didn't even need to talk, the silence was peaceful. With her nearby, anything and everything bad was gone.

"Are you okay?" Nayoung asked, placing her hand in mine, gently caressing.

"Yeah, I'm okay" I said and smiled.

"I'm glad.. You were announced dead at 6am.. Last minute you shocked back to life.. I'm so glad to hear you're alive.. And okay"

My heart broke when I saw the pain in her eyes. To reassure her I was alive, I leaned forward and kissed her gently with one hand on her cheek, the sweet relief.

After our lips departed I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into a hug. She placed a weak hand on my waist as she leaned on to my shoulder.

Within the hug, I could feel her tears hit my shoulder, I knew it was tears of joy and sadness at the same time, I didn't know what to say in such a twisted situation.

Instead of talking I let the silence sink in as I held her tightly in my arms, giving my all for her to feel my comfort. She held on tightly for a few more seconds then let go.

"So.. What did the doctors say..?"

"They want me to take therapy and I can be released today" I said the important stuff.

"Alright.. Well.. Do you feel better today?"

"Y-yeah.." I paused.

"I'm.. I'm sorry.." I say, referring to the monstrosity now permanently on my wrist. She looked at it with ease.

"It's alright, just promise me you'll try to never do it again" Nayoung said.

After I nodded, she grabbed my wounded wrist and brought it to her lips, kissing the stitched cut. A little part in me lit up, I smiled at her with a meaningful gaze.

We took a few minutes to catch up with each other before a doctor came in to speak with me. He checked all my monitors and then greeted me with a smile.

"Alright, you can choose to start a prescription of depression meds, and go home today. Or you can choose to take therapy, and stay another night for tests"

"I-I get to choose..?" I asked.

"You can't rely on your parents opinion all your life" The doctor spoke out, those words seemed to calm me down.

"O-oh.. Well.. I guess I'll choose the meds if it means I can go home today.."

It felt weird to make my own decisions, but it was a relief to not have to deal with my parents opinion. With a few signed papers and places to stop, I was out of there.

We walked to Nayoung's house where we sat in silence for a while. She turned to me and grabbed my hand, which was unlike her, But I knew she did it for me.

Then I smiled when she pulled a blunt out, It was normal, pot head Nayoung. A little ease came along when I realized I was actually with her once again, happy.

"Yah.. Do you want to.. Try?" Nayoung hesitantly asked and offered the blunt, I could tell she was stressed out offering a girl like me a blunt, I smiled at her.

"I mean it can help out with your pain both ways.. But, you don't have to" Nayoung said, Seeing her struggle to explain the odds of smoking made me want to laugh.

All though it was unlike me, Nayoung's awkward self led me to saying yes. She handed me the blunt and described what to do. One puff, and my clean lungs were no longer innocent, I'd willingly smoked.

Off and on we passed the blunt until it was gone, by then I was feeling it. Nayoung held her arms out for me to lean onto her, happily I laid with my head on her chest.

As we laid on the couch I felt Nayoung kiss my forehead gently, bringing that safe and happy feeling back. I heard her gentle but fast heart beat Against my ear.

"Are you nervous?" I asked out loud when I felt her heart beat suddenly quicken.

"No, I just thought of something" Nayoung said, I kept my eyes closed as I listened to her heart beat, something about it just made me so happy to know she was alive.

"Which is?" I asked out loud.

"Remember what you said when you got drunk a few weeks ago at Roa's house?" Nayoung asked. I thought for a little until I remembered, I began to blush.

"Y-yeah" I said in a quiet voice. Her heart began to beat fast again.

"... I love you too"
--------------------------------------------------------

Ya girl left you @ a cliffhanger cause
That's what she do beeeest. Anyways,
This is where the fluff comes in so YAS I have
Been waiting to kill y'all with cuteness
Lovey dovey stuff 👌also look at the youtube
Video I got tagged for this video cause it
Matches the feel I tried to create with this
Scene :p