Chapter 9. -The one with Court's advice.

It's 7 am, and Justin is getting ready for a meeting with a writer. Jen and Justin are in New York, and they're back in his old apartment. Jen's still sleeping, because they went to sleep later than they should've. Mostly because they ended up doing something else, something that made staying up later worth it.

Since Jen's still asleep Justin has to lurk around in the apartment without making a sound. He knows she's been having trouble sleeping lately, because she's getting stomach pains every other hour, and the nights are the worst. He hates seeing her in pain, especially when he knows that it's kind of his fault. It makes him feel guilty, but Jen reminds him that he shouldn't feel that way because this is something the both of them want, and that it'll be over in a few months. It terrifies him to think about the fact that when all of it is finally over, they're actually parents. The life of another tiny, little human being is laying in their hands. Is he man enough to take on that challenge? Is he man enough to complete that challenge, and actually do it with graze? Only time will let him know.

Jen : Honey?

Jen wakes up while Justin's putting on his leather jacket, and she sits up in their bed. She's covering herself with the white sheets, and the sunlight that comes in between the curtains hits her toned, bare skin. Her dirty blonde hair is messy, she's not wearing any makeup, but she's perfect.

Justin smiles, walks over to the bed, and sits down next to her.

Justin : I'm sorry I woke you up.
Jen : Oh, it's fine. I should get up anyway.

Jen pulls off the sheets and stands up. Justin grabs her arm and pushes her down on the bed again. He bends his head over her, leans in and kisses her.

Jen : Mmm. Promise me that you'll never stop giving me my morning kisses.
Justin : I promise. As long as you'll never stop giving me mine.
Jen : I won't.

Justin looks into her eyes. They're like deep, blue pools filled with so much personality. Personality he's head over heels for.

Jen : Oh honey, you're meeting. It starts soon.
Justin : That can wait.

He leans in and kisses her again.

Jen : When is it over?
Justin : Uhm, 12 I think.
Jen : Will you get back here, right after it's finished?
Justin : Of course.
Jen : Good.

Jen stands up again, but Justin drags her back down on his lap.

Jen : Oh, babe.
Justin : You don't have to get up right away. You should get some more sleep.
Jen : But I...
Justin : Jen. Yesterday was exhausting.
Jen : Yeah, I know. But the end of yesterday was fun. Huh.
Justin : Oh, you remember that well don't you.
Jen : Oh, I certainly do.
Justin : So that's another reason for why you should get some more rest.

Jen rolls over and covers herself with the sheets, without letting go of his hand.

Jen : Fine. If you'll promise to exhaust me tonight as well.
Justin : Oh, I think I will manage to do that.
Jen : Mhm, now go. So you won't be late.
Justin : Ah, okay. But you know I don't want to. I would rather stay, and exhaust you right now.
Jen : Oh I know you would.

Justin lets go of her hand, grabs his keys, and walks out of their apartment. Jen walks over to the window with the sheets wrapped around her body as soon as she hears the door shut.

She always used to watch him take off to work on his motorcycle, and it's nice knowing that some things always stays the same. But it's nice knowing that some things change too, for example the fact that this isn't his home anymore. Their house together is their home, and it'll soon be rooming three people.