Chapter 19. -The one where Court goes overboard.

Andrea : You're having a baby shower Jen.
Jen : But it's just...
Court : No, end of discussion. You're having one.
Amanda : Jen. You've dreamed about having one forever.
Jen : I know.
Court : Besides you threw me one when I was pregnant with Coco, and that's one of my favorite memories.
Amanda : We're throwing you one.

Jen realizes that there's no point in trying to talk them out of this, if they've decided on throwing her a baby shower, they're throwing her a baby shower.

Jen : Yeah, I guess it can't hurt.
Andrea : It'll be really good.
Jen : I just don't want to jinx it.
Court : I was really scared of that too, but trust me, when you're sitting there in front of all the presents...

All the girls are staring at Court with an offended look, as they're listening to what she's saying.

Court : In front of all of your friends.
Amanda : Better.

They laugh whilst they're drinking wine and eating some kind of mexican food Court made especially for Jen. They would usually have something healthier, but Court has really been making sure Jen's eating good lately.

She has also made sure she stays hydrated with about a hundred different types of beverages to choose from.

Court : We need pink balloons.
Andrea : But what if we do like 5 different shades of pink?
Court : Yes! And we could have a theme.
Amanda : We could have several themes.
Jen : Girls. Let's not go over the top.
Court : Why? It's not like we have a budget.

Their conversation about pink balloons gets interrupted by Jen's phone, which is ringing from her purse in the living room.

Jen : Well, I would like to actually be able to care for my child when it gets here.

She gets up, and leaves the rest of the girl alone to talk about everything else that can possibly play a part in a baby shower.

Jen : Hey babe.
Justin : Hey, are you busy?
Jen : Well, if finding out what you can do with 5 different shades of pink balloons is considered being busy, then yes.
Justin : Is Courteney going over the top with the baby shower again?
Jen : Yes! Has she talked to you too?
Justin : About 4 times.
Jen : Oh god. She's hyping up the rest of the girls too.

She looks over at them, from where she's standing in the living room and notices that Court has brought out her board of ideas.

Jen : So why did you call?
Justin : I just got home from work, and I'm hungry. Should I come save you, so we can go out for a bite?
Jen : Sorry, but I just had about 3 tacos. Baby showers is not the only thing Court goes overboard with.
Justin : Come on. You've got room for some more. We could go to that pasta place you like.
Jen : I would literally throw up.
Justin : I've seen you eat an entire pizza.
Jen : That was different! I hadn't eaten all day, besides it was small.
Justin : It was large.

She laughs as she realizes that he has seen all of her bad sides, the fact that he still loves her is a miracle.

Jen : It was smaller than usual.
Justin : I'm picking you up.
Jen : Wha...
Justin : You can at least watch me eat. And probably end up stealing my food as soon as you see how delicious it looks.
Jen : I don't do that.
Justin : "Can I try some? I've never had it before."
Jen : I hate you.

Ten minutes later Justin pulls up in Court's driveway and knocks on the door, whilst all of the girls are in the middle of deciding what kind of cheese they should use.

Justin : Hey.
Jen : You know that you can let yourself in by now. It would be a lot easier cause then I wouldn't have to get up every damn time.
Justin : Court should lock the door. I could be a serial killer.
Jen : You definitely look like one.