13.

Lisa woke up feeling the most relaxed and content she could remember ever feeling. Last night had been absolutely fantastic, and past how amazing the experience had been, there was something deeper to it, something more emotional in it.

As she looked sleepily at the back of the incubus lying next to her, Lisa realised that she was sort of falling in love with him.

'Either I'm imagining things,' he said softly 'Or you've been staring at me the past few minutes.'

'How can you tell?' Lisa said, smiling at him as he turned around to face her.

'Well, I can kind of pick up on when you're watching me, it's one of those supernatural things that I can do, being what I am. Plus, my powers get stronger after sex, isn't that deprived?' he laughed.

'Out of curiosity, what powers do you have? I feel like no one ever told me what to expect, or even how to deal or fight them, except not to look an incubus in the eyes, which I'm sure is pretty standard.'

'I could try show you how to resist if you want, it actually is something quite important that you might want to know but I feel like if we're going to do that, we might need to do it full clothed, outside or we probably won't get very far, angel.'

'I see your point.' Lisa replied, and within a few minutes, they were outside, at the clearing of trees beside the house.

'So,' Lisa said, 'What can you do and how do I stop someone else from doing it on me?'

'Well, there's a few levels to it I guess.' Achilles said softly, scratching his chin. 'First, there's the surface level of just being able to feel a human's attraction to you and then being able to influence that, which is easy or harder, depending on how attractive they find you to begin with.' He shot her a playful glance before continuing, 'Like how when we first properly met in your apartment, I could sense that you found me attractive.'

'Ah I remember it well.' Lisa said softly, laughing.

'Then there's touch.' He paused and took her hand and she felt tingles where her skin met his. 'If there's physical contact made between a human and an incubus it's easier to make them feel attracted to you, or to make them feel at ease.' He let her hand go and took a step back. 'But I could also make you feel things without touching you.' He smirked.

'Hence your little display in the bookshop.'

'Mmmm.' He looked far away suddenly. 'I feel like I probably acted different around you before I trusted you.'

'What?'

'Like when we first met I know I wasn't like this, relaxed, I was more on my guard because I was trying to figure out how loyal you were to Hire an Incubus. Originally that's why I sought you out I guess, to protect you from them, but I suppose they got to you first and that's why I couldn't just explain everything straight away.'

'Achilles?' Lisa looked at him, trying to muster up as meaningful a stare as she could.

'Yes?'

'I'm glad you trust me. I trust you too.'

Suddenly he snapped out of whatever trance he had gone into and just smirked playfully. 'You shouldn't trust me sweetheart, I'm dangerous remember?'

Lisa couldn't tell why his mood had suddenly changed but she decided not to question it. 'So, tell me then Starling, what else can you do with your scary powers?'

'Well, Ms Farrow, this is where it gets more murky. See, depending on the amount of influence that an incubus has on you emotionally dictates to what they can do physically. It can range from making someone more easy to get information out of or projecting into their dreams to full on possession or mind control.'

'That is pretty scary.' Lisa swallowed. It was strange knowing that the creature she had just declared her trust in could probably do these things to her, especially as she knew how she felt about him without him even utilizing any of his powers.

'It is, and that's precisely why you need to know how to resist it.'

She nodded softly and he stepped forwards. 'Okay now, whatever I show you, please know that I'm not going to hurt you, it's purely for you to learn. For the purpose of learning, do not look me in the eyes, okay?'

For a moment she just stood there, vaguely aware of his presence, until suddenly it become something much more than that. She was hit with an overwhelming sense of something she couldn't describe.

'What are you feeling?' he asked, his voice dropped down an octave. She could hear in the tone of his voice that he was obviously trying something.

'I can't describe it, what is it you're trying to do?' Lisa said, still looking at the ground.

'I'm just trying to reach you.' he said calmly, 'I'm going to try a little harder okay Lisa? If you don't feel right just let me know and I'll stop, okay?'

The feeling increased significantly and Lisa could suddenly feel so much more of what she was feeling before that. She could feel herself becoming more relaxed, and she felt like giving in to whatever force was taking a hold of her. Trying as hard as she could she tried to not give in to it, to ignore it but as her mind drifted into the relaxed state, all she could think of was Achilles standing there, he's too far away, I want to be near him she was thinking and began to walk slowly towards him.

'Lisa, what are you doing?' He said softly.

'I want to be near you, you're too far away.' She said dreamily and without even realising, she looked up to meet his eyes, which were somewhere between a red and a grey.

Then for a few minutes, it was like she had lost consciousness and blacked out and she was very confused to look up to be in Achilles's arms. He looked incredibly concerned and apologetic.

'Lisa, I'm so sorry.' He said over and over again as she looked dazedly up at him.

'What happened?'

'I was in control Lisa, just for a minute, when you looked in my eyes, I just slipped.'

'Wait, what do you mean?' Lisa rubbed her eyes.

'You started to walk towards me and you looked at me in the eyes and then I was just in your head. You lost control for a moment. I have a lot more influence over you than I thought Lisa.'

Lisa still felt loose, like she was drunk or something, and being that close to Achilles wasn't really helping.

'Well that can easily be explained Achilles because I'm falling in love with you.'

He looked stunned as she said it and if Lisa hadn't felt so odd she probably would have been stunned too. It was a few moments before he replied and just said thoughtfully; 'Me too Lisa.'

She did what she felt was right and kissed him.

He pulled away softly and said 'I think we need to work on that, I think that if that were to ever happen you at the hands of someone else, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.'

'What do you mean?' Lisa asked, slightly puzzled.

'I mean - we need to work on your resistance to incubus powers. But we can't do it with me because I already have an influence over you, I think we need to see how you would experience it with someone who you have no previous experience with.'

'Like who? We can't exactly just find a random incubus or succubus on the street and ask them to do that?'

Achilles looked skywards for a second. 'I know a place, but you're going to have to trust me.'

'Where?'

'Well, it's small, it's inconspicuous but it's also only around the corner from Hire an Incubus.'

'Oh. Perfect.'

Okayy sooo sorry for the wait, this chapter is a bit short, but I hope you enjoy - big things are coming!!