Chapter 4

Serenity went to her company rather early today.  Her only excuse was that she didn't want to see the devil's sinful face nor greet him.  It would only ruin her day.

Entering the building, she was greeted by her employees as usual but suddenly out of the ordinary, there's something odd about them.

Usually, they just smile at her while passing but now,  some even said that today was her lucky day. Yes,  she's nice enough to not put much authority in her relationship between her employees. She allowed them to talk to her and she even eliminated the fear of seeing the boss inside of them as long as they wouldn't disrespect her in any aspect. Quite the opposite of her husband actually.

Before entering her private elevator, she was quickly approached by her secretary with a  huge grin on her face.  "Good morning ma'am, this is your lucky day ma'am," she said excitedly.

Serenity looked at her oddly like she had grown two heads. "what?  Why?  Are we going to meet a big client with a huge offer? " she asked innocently.

"No ma'am, we're so happy for you. One of your dreams will now be easily fulfilled" she grinned excitedly.

Now this is not healthy

"Woah, Georgina. What are you talking about? Are you going to tell me something that I don't know" she questioned?

Then realization dawned on her secretary. "I thought you've known ma'am"

"What is it that you know that I don't and why is everyone saying that it's my lucky day" she confusedly asked her secretary.

"Look ma'am" her secretary handed her the iPad. It was a website of some talk show that focuses on wealthy and successful entrepreneurs. She saw a picture of her father's face and a woman looking in her mid-twenties seated across each other in a familiar place which she suspects is her father's house in his study room. The woman was holding a microphone so it seems like she's the interviewer.

Under the picture was a caption that said Mr. Avertini, former owner of Avertini drug corporation wanted a grandchild as soon as possible.

Then she saw a quotation mark with his father's exact words.
"I do want to have a grandchild which will take over both of his or her parent's company someday. I want to have them now at this point so I can still bond with them."

Then she saw another quotation mark with the interviewer's words.  "how about Mr. and Mrs. Willforth? are they planning to give you one"

Her eyes widened at his next words.  "Serenity really wanted to be a mother, to be honest, but due to the fact that both of them were still really busy and my son in law was out on a business trip, I think it will be a really big decision for them to conceive a child and bring it to the world but luckily everything has an end and my son in law will be arriving tomorrow so yeah, I shouldn't worry about it. I know I will be a very proud grandpa soon" he happily stated.

She was flabbergasted at her father's words. She didn't tell him that she wanted to be a mother especially with that devil husband of her same goes for marrying him.

"Congratulations ma'am,  I'm in no doubt that you will be a mother soon now that Mr. Willforth is back. You will be a great mother ma'am" she was cut off from her unsteady mind. The sound of Georgina's voice had brought her back to reality.

"Let's just proceed. What's my schedule for today? " she asked as she gave the iPad back to her secretary and they both stepped in the elevator.

"you will have a meeting with the board members to check the sales and ratings, after that you're free for the day's schedule," her secretary said.

Wow,  a not so stressful day at work for Serenity. She was so thankful for that. That's when an idea struck her. She knew one place where she could relax and enjoy some company.....  The orphanage.
---------
Andrei sat on his office chair behind his desk as he started to work on his laptop, checking the ratings and the presentation of the upcoming new product of Willforth industry, the number one leading business in the gadgets and machinery industry. He had just arrived shortly after Serenity left for work. He didn't bother to check on her for he clearly knew she would do the same. He just took a quick shower, dressed and set off to his work.

Just then,  his secretary's voice echoed through the intercom.
"Sir, someone is here to see you. She said that she's a close friend of yours."

Andrei let out a frustrated groan. He didn't want to be disturbed during working hours and due to the fact that whoever the intruder is outside mentioned that she is a close friend but truth is he didn't have a close friend, for he already had isolated himself from everyone when he was a kid.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Natalia, sir"

Then Andrei let a sigh escape. It was her..... One of the women he had met in a bar, who he had fucked up with when he was so drunk and the one who refused to leave him alone.

"Let her in" he coldly ordered to his secretary.
------------

Serenity was enjoying her time with the company of her little angels. She brought gifts to them which made them smile.

Seated on a chair in front of them, reading their requested book which she happily accepted as they listened to her narration in return.

"...... And the prince and the princess lived happily ever after"
She closed the pages before saying "The End" with a smile on her face.

The children applaud filling the room with giggles and smiles. A girl with curly hair tied up in cute pigtails, around five years of age raised her hand.

"Yes darling" serenity motioned for her to continue.

"When I grow up, I want to be like the princess and live happily ever after" This made Serenity's heart melt.

"That's a great one dear"

Another girl raised her hand and she again asked.

"How about you miss Serie, do you have a happy ending? Do you have a Prince charming?"

Serenity thought of it for a moment. She couldn't consider her life a happy ending, for she was forced in an unwanted marriage and most certainly she couldn't say that her devil husband is her prince charming.

Before she could answer that, another kid asked her and she was so thankful for that.

"Miss Serie, a man as nice as you always visit here. He always plays with us, would you like to meet him"
Serenity smiled at this and nodded. "What's his name?"

"Sir Nathan"