Chapter 10

Serenitys POV

This is a hell of a vacation!!! Brace yourself Serenity. It's just only a couple of days. I continued to remind myself as I lie here on my bed... As I assumed.

It was a tiring journey and being with him made it more complicated for me to control my mood.

I tried to remain calm and composed the whole trip. I'm a woman with fine values and etiquette and I don't need to ruin this figure just because a devil came in the way. I didn't dare speak to him and he did the same. He occupied himself with his laptop. Clearly, this man is a workaholic type.

We arrived in Italy a couple of hours later and we went straight to my family's residence. Dad was so pleased that we made it. It went very well until he came up with that dreaded topic again.

FLASHBACK

We were in the living room. I am with my dad. Andrei excused himself earlier. He took a phone call. Probably business related but I don't even care about what he needs to do so it's a sigh of relief for me now that he's temporarily out of my sight.

"so, when do I get to have a grandchild," my dad asked that gave rise to my annoyance.

"honestly father. I think that wouldn't happen. You know that this is a loveless marriage right" I retorted.

Just then the devil walked in which added up to my annoyance.

"ah, come here Andrei, io e mia figlia (me and my daughter) here were just discussing the future" he motioned for Andrei to join us.

"Sicuro. Io ti raggiungo(sure I'll join you)" he said and made his way beside me.

I didn't know that the devil could speak Italian.

"I didn't know that you can speak Italian. Tell me my boy, Dove l'hai impart (where did you learn it)" My father asked.

"My grandmother grew up in Italy, though she's not Italian. I learned it from her" he simply stated.

"Impressive. As I said earlier we were just talking about-"

"Arghh dad, can we please stop talking about it. There will be no grandchildren and that's it!"

"Il mio amore(my love) you can't be sure about that" Andrei reasoned out.

Gosh, I'm so pissed right now.

"we can stop this charade now. There's no one here except the three of us and we clearly know that this is a loveless marriage that was forced upon me and it was all because of you!!!" I shoot daggers at him.

"Serenity, you can't be sure about what you said. If you won't have a child then who will take over you and Andrei's businesses?" my father asked.

Jeez, I hate that question. I can't possibly give up the business. It's been in our family for generations. Not to mention the devil's company is in threat too.

My mind was fogged up right now that it gave the only idea that it can muster at the moment.

"Adoption is an option"

Andrei furrowed his brows at this. I think he does not like that idea.

"I refused to do it. I want my own blood to be my successor and heir"

End of Flashback

My phone started to vibrate, interrupting my thoughts. Looking at the caller's ID... It was just a random number.

"Hello, who is this?" I spoke through the phone.

"this is Nathaniel Woods, is this se_"

"Nathan" I began to acknowledge him "but how did you get my number. I thought you just checked my location"

"oh yeah, about that. Sorry, for not telling you. I got it from your phone. But I promise that your location and your number are the only pieces of information that I obtained from your phone" he explained which seemed acceptable enough though I hate to give my number to anyone coz I value privacy very much.

"it's OK, why did you call?"

"just want to ask you a question. when are you gonna visit the orphanage again?" he inquired.

When will I visit it again I tried to ask myself.

"uhm maybe when I get back"

"may I ask where are you?"

"I'm in Florence Italy"

yeah, after we visited my father in Sicily, we flew to one of Andrei's property in Florence which took like 2  and a half hours via plane.

"OK"

Just then my devilish husband entered unannounced.

"I need to end this, bye gonna call you tomorrow" I hung up the phone.

"please don't tell me we're gonna sleep in the same bed again" I muttered, enough for him to hear.

"Why love, we already did it and if I recall, you were peacefully asleep with my arms around you" he reminded, smirking over my reaction.

I stood up from the bed exasperatedly then faced him. We were about three meters away from each other. I crossed my arms around my chest in a disapproving manner.

"Andrei, answer me truthfully, why did you even marry me in the first place?"

His eyes went piercing cold and his face showed distaste for the question.
"I have no time to answer your question again. I already told you the answer"

He walked past me towards his closet, removing his jacket.

I can't believe him. The anger within me was activated... Again. "so you were serious back then?"

"it has always been in my nature to be serious darling," he said with no emotion in it whilst unbuttoning his shirt.

My heart started pumping so fast. Why on earth does he want an heir from me? I mean I wanted to have a child of my own but with this situation, I don't think I can raise a child in an environment where his or her parents aren't really in love.

On the other side, I do want to divorce him as soon as possible.

Swallowing the lump that was forming on my throat, I muster the courage to say. "If I give you what you wanted, would you grant me a divorce?"

                             ***

AN
Hope you enjoy this update guys. Just a little favor guys. Please follow me if you like my story to keep me motivated hahaha but if you don't want to, it's okay, I'll still write chapters that'll impress you guys. Love yall.

Lovelots: Sofie😘😍