Chapter 20

It's been a week now since the sauna argument. Nothing much really happened between the couple for the past days. They've barely seen each other.

Serenity was still mad at him, nonetheless, she didn't act upon her emotions. Her ideology was to annoy him with her silence which actually was proving quite well, for he was starting to get piqued by her lack of words every day. She'd avoided him at every possible cost, pretending to be asleep when he's departing for work in the morning and sleeping early before his arrival at night.

Unbeknownst to her, Andrei had been sexually frustrated for the past week. Seven miserable days of rancorous affection from his wife. What could he expect? His mind didn't dwell much on the statement a week ago when she told him that she didn't want to have sexual intercourse anymore. He did try though, but it only led to an acrimonious dispute between them.

Flashback

It's been five days since their first intercourse. Andrei had enough of her silence already. She'd be asleep when he leaves then asleep again when he returns- this seemed to be her routine and it was irksome especially for the part where he couldn't get her to sleep with him. Now, he'd decided to come home early.

Upon entering their bedroom, he found her settled on the mattress. The lower half of her body was shrouded by the quilt while the upper was reclining on the headboard. She was clad in a silk chiffon negligee and had her mind occupied in a book.

Her neck craned to the direction of his figure and instantly she was stunned. She didn't expect him to be home this early.

"Fair play my wife. Your stunts on avoiding me won't last" he spoke with a calm demeanor as he took menacing steps towards her.

Serenity pulled the sheets over her chest as she slid her body further to the side, trying to flee from him.

She calculated in her mind the odds of escaping but chances were all narrowed down to none.

Think Serenity, think. She encouraged

As he neared one side of the bed, she shuffled on her feet, throwing the covers off her and attempting to dart to the bathroom. Unfortunately, her reflexes had been slow, and as a result, he'd swiftly reached her,  grabbed her by the waist and then tugged her back to the bed. She was shocked by the abrupt gesture that she stumbled upon him, making her fall on the bed, back-first. 

"Where the hell are you going? and why the heck are you avoiding me?" he hovered on top of her holding her hands down as she was squirming and fighting to be free.

"I told you I don't want to have sex with you," the struggling woman said as she tried earnestly to lift her hands from the bed which was proving to be quite difficult considering Andrei's own was pinning it down. "Let go of me you jerk," she hissed.

"How the hell would you get pregnant then if you won't let me touch you?" He snapped at her.

The unpleasant realization sunk in like the titanic boat in the Atlantic ocean. Her body slumped back on the mattress with a lonely sigh as her squirming actions stilled.

"Sex is not a one-time thing Serenity, especially if it's from you, my wife"
He reprimanded.

Her head fell to the side as she tried to hold the tears at bay. She was close to breaking down. Darn, she hated it when she gets so emotional in the slightest way. She just couldn't tackle the feeling whenever the word pregnancy was uttered. It pushed her mind to linger on the despicable idea of her infertility.

"I want to have a child, Andrei. I just don't want to have sex with you" her voice was quivering as she said this all the while her tears were streaming.