Chapter 18

Ohhhhhhh..  It's something magical, It's in the air, it's in my blood. It's rushing on.

Terry Edwards woke up on the right side of the bed today. Facing a new day with passion and positivity.

Entering Willforth Industries with his AirPods, he hummed to one of Justin Timberlake's hit songs. His body performing subtle dance moves as he starts to get into the groove of the beat.

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. He thought as he swayed and hummed.

He was overflowing with positivity and vibe that it made his passing coworkers wonder if he's alright.

Those around him were tensed and were working with feverish haste but he, on the other hand, doesn't care if his action's a waste.

"I can't stop the feeling!!!!" He sang posing for a melodramatic singing position and pretending to hold his Starbucks coffee as if it were a microphone.

"Dance, dance, dance" he crooned closing his eyes and feeling the essence of the song as he made to do "the floss" dance move
inside an elevator.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" His coworker who was looking at him oddly, asked, scrunching up her face in a disapproving manner. They were the only ones in the elevator.

Secretary Terry removed his AirPods as he smiled at the lady. "Nothing... Just feeling the vibe" he happily stated as he swayed his arms sideways attempting a new dance move.

"You're overflowing with positivity. I hope that lasts when you reach the top floor"

Just then the imaginary disk scratch rang inside his head as if inside a movie or something, putting a halt to his jolly preoccupation.

"Wait, he's here already?" he asked staring at his coworker unbelievably as if it were joking.

"Yes"

Looking at his watch. "But it's not even past 7:00"

"I'm surprised too. The boss usually arrives at 8"

Then the elevator door opened. "Well, I'm off now. Good luck" she gave her a knowing you-will-survive look.

He was left alone then. Toes frantically tapping on the marble floor as the elevator continued to ascend to the upper wing. His jolly aura, now deflated, was replaced with a twitchy emanation.

As the elevator was nearing his destination, he started to mentally call upon all the gods he knew.

One more floor left, he starts to recite the gospel he learned upon growing up.

Proverbs-

The familiar ping echoed inside the enclosed metal chamber. Swallowing the lump on his throat, he began to advance his way out.

"God help me"

***
Andrei was seated behind his desk listening as his secretary spoke of his day's schedule. Somehow he couldn't focus on what the man in front was saying.

"Sir, the meeting with the investors will be at..."

His secretary's voice seemed to trail off of his mind as he tried to recall the memories of last night's fun-filled activity. It was definitely sexually gratifying.

Gods, haven't been able to have sex for ten months was already a struggle for him and having to convince his wife to have sex with him was hell harder than he thought. If it wasn't for her desire to have a baby sooner, she wouldn't have afforded to do it.