Chapter 13

Might be a boring chapter

"I wish you would apologize to her," Andrei said, closing his eyes and pinching his nasal bridge as a sign of the annoyance that he had earlier for the woman in front of him.

"I-I-I'm sorry, I should've been....... " she replied, trying to construct the right words to say.

After a sigh, "sensible with my actions" she looked up at him. His face always the same, the classic stoic type with no emotions plastered on it.

Well, if there is. It's utterly incomprehensible.

Cassandra became penitent for her actions, she felt sorry for herself. Throughout the years, she never ever seen Andrei express his anger on her. All her 25th years of existence, she never heard him yell at her.

He always possessed this soft side for her being, though he always denied it, she knew better enough to sunder the truth from the lie.

She knew very much that her brother cared for her.

"I'll apologize to your wife" she declared, still feeling sorry for herself.

He nodded, appreciating her choice of actions. He knew that she was sorry for herself and her actions earlier.

She stood up from the couch, sauntering towards the door but before she disappears in the room, she turned around and came face to face with him again. Her onyx eyes pleading for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry drei"

Cassandra got accustomed to calling him that nickname and he grew to like it. She's the only being that he had allowed to call him that. Hearing this, he gave her what he projected was close to a smile, then having no words to utter, he nodded.

Cassandra saw his light gestures and knew that at this moment she was forgiven. She returned the smile but hers was even bigger, brighter and genuine.

Once again, she turned and vanished behind the doors.

Andrei sighed, half embarrassed and half disappointed.

"Why didn't I lock the door last night"

***

Serenity sat on a Venetian style gold Italian 2 seater sofa inside a European classic style library.

A book in her hand and a nice cup of tea on the table in front. Chopin's Nocturne op. 9 No. 2 was playing inside the room giving it a more peaceful ambiance.

She was trying to make everything so serene as it could be.

Truth be told, she was very much disappointed at the woman who called her whore earlier.

Among all the other cruel insults that can be thrown at her face, that word is the one thing she could not stand being called to.

As she finished reading a chapter, the song came to its end and in came Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor.

Serenity heard the door open but showed no acknowledgment to the person who entered. She heard familiar heels clicking against the marble floor and an idea of who it is quickly struck her.

She saw the woman who called her whore approaching her at the corner of her eyes but again she showed no signs of interest.

Oh great here comes another devil her mind shouted.

Serenity, being the woman who lived by the rules of etiquette showed no indications of violent behavior. Her vexation is best kept within herself self and her inner turmoil should be far beyond the eyes of anyone. She's tried earnestly to channel her emotions and it was successful most of the time, only when it comes to her husband, all signs and all lessons of fine values and etiquette go straight downhill.