Chapter 26

They got back to the hotel after their heated argument at the event and while Andrei proceeded to lock up, Serenity indignantly headed for the spare bedroom of their hotel suite determined to occupy the 'Andrei free' space it was offering.

She was seated on the soft velvety cushioned mattress staring distantly at the adjacent window, her hand restlessly fumbling with the clutch bag on her lap as she tried to calm her nerves when a rush of cold air suddenly alerted her of another presence inside. The upper half of her body turned with an irate growl and watched as Andrei stared at her with an arresting gaze. Oh, how she'll make him feel her wrath now that they're alone.

She stood vehemently from the bed taking definite steps towards his direction. Her anger no longer restrained. It was evident in the way her eyes threw daggers at him on every step of the way yet he remained unfazed by this.

"You heartless manipulative bastard!" She seethed, venting her frustration by punching him in the chest for good measure. He grimaced and rubbed at the spot she had hit.

"What the hell is your problem?" He growled at her.

"My problem?" She managed to keep a voice just under a screech. "You" she pointed an accusing finger at him. "You conniving bastard tricked me-"

"I tricked you?" He sounded genuinely baffled at this.

"Your ingenuine acts of concern lured me into being so sentimentally vulnerable to you about that place and you took it as an opportunity to take that land away from me" she hissed in fury.

Andrei shook his head in confused frustration. It finally dawned on him that his wife was oblivious to his intentions. "You're misreading my intentions Serenity"

She nearly laughed at loud at his remark standing in front of him with a defiant stature and an accusing gaze. "What are your intentions then?" She demanded. "Tell me"

"My intentions were entirely good-" He tried to reason out as calmly as his patience can take him.

"Hardly believable" she interrupted hotly. This made his eyebrows lower and his eyes darken. He was never accustomed to being interrupted when talking. In fact, she was the first one to do this. Nevertheless, he ignored the offending remark.

"Last week your father called" he finally spoke. "He told me to put the property into auction and-"

"Wait, so you're the one who's undertaking the transaction" she interrupted yet again and Andrei had to swear softly under his breath.

"Let me finish damn it" he groaned gazing down at his wife's contemptuous questioning eyes.

"He told me to put it into auction yet he never mentioned that you were unaware of it; that he never discussed it with you. Your father knew already that you were gonna say no that's why he came to me in the first place. If I had known that you were against it then I shouldn't have placed it in the fundraising. Earlier I offered to cancel it yet you declined my offer so the least I can do for not mentioning it to you especially when I heard your reason was to buy the land. My intentions were good because I will give it back to you" He finished off with grim humor.

The couple was staring at each other no more than two feet apart. Serenity's anger was still a hard linger to the atmosphere surrounding them. It stubbornly refused to subside and concur with his words.

"What part of 'I can manage myself' did you not understand earlier?" She gritted the words menacingly slow.
"Because I think I did not fail to assure you earlier that I'm as financially able as you are and that I don't need your help" she flared, angry that he expected her to believe what he meant in his words.