7 | HIS RED CONVERTIBLE

"Pack your bags, we're going on a quick trip to the ocean." Archer Finn says from the driver seat of his retro convertible, which is probably the only thing brighter than his tattoos in the dimming light of the sun.

The car is painted in a vibrant red.

It's not really everyone's cup of tea, but as I look down at my mini dress that matches perfectly the color of the car, a small smile emerges on my lips.

Red has always been my favorite color.

I run past my Mom back inside our house that is snuggly situated at the top of a hill in the suburban part of the city, and I prepare a small luggage which basically contains a pair of clean socks and a blanket for when my legs get cold in the dress. Oh, and a spray against mosquitoes, because those devils seem to have a special liking for pasty white girls like me.

"Let's go!" Archer flashes me a handsome smile from inside the car and once I'm in, we hit the road. I'm a bit worried that I might get home too late but Arch assures me that it's only a fifteen minute drive from my house so I relax and enjoy the fifteen minutes of hard rock music and the occasional insect that flies right into my face.

Ah, the joys of a convertible.

"Here we are." In no more than twenty minutes we reach our destination and at first I'm confused, because the only thing I see is darkness. I can hear the water from the ocean splashing against the boulders and that's the only way for me to know that we're indeed close to a beach.

"I can't see anything." I mumble as I try to grab the door in the pitch black that surrounds me. Why is it so dark in the middle of august?

"It's this dark because I parked inside a tunnel. Come on, give me your hand."

I hear Archer's voice from somewhere on my right but I can't really navigate when I have nothing but my hearing to sense him.

"Well if I could see where you were, I'd probably give you my hand. Sadly the only thing I see is the color Black."

"It's the lack of color, not a color."

"Oh, come on."

Archer's laughter comes from even closer and I finally touch the soft, hot skin of his arm. The link instantly makes me feel safer and even the darkness doesn't really scare me anymore.

If there's anything terrifying right now, it would be the fact that I have complete and utmost trust in Archer and I don't really know why I do. I just do.

"Aaand we're out!" Arch exclaims once the cool breeze hits both of us and I am suddenly glad I took my favorite blanket with me. Although if I have my boyfriend warm me up, I probably wouldn't need it.

"Are you enjoying yourself so far?" Arch asks next to me. Now that we're out of the tunnel I can see more of him. As per usual, just when I think he can't get any better looking, he still manages to prove me wrong.

He looks stunning and for some reason his hair is even messier than it was yesterday night and I have to admit it only makes him sexier.

"Liking what you see?" He suggests with a low, husky voice which is strange and unusual for him.

"It's too dark for me to see, so I don't know what you're talking about." I reply, leaving his compliment-thirsty self all high and dry.

He doesn't really fish for any more compliments, but the chatter never stops. Him and I just click in a way that I haven't clicked with anybody else before, which of course makes Archer even more appealing not only as a man, but as a human in general. It's really rare to find that someone who can make you laugh, yet is not too over the top where the jokes just cross the line with childish and lose their appeal.

Well, my boyfriend Archer Finn has successfully found the middle ground.

Oh my God, I can't believe he's actually my boyfriend.

After we take a quick walk, I tell Arch that we have to get back towards my house, as it's getting a bit too late. He almost sounds disappointed that he doesn't get to even have fun with me.

I must admit I'm a bit sour about that, too.

"Although we didn't really get to spend a long time together today, I'm still glad we came here." Arch whispers once we're back in the car.

"Why is this place so special for you?" I ask, actually interested to know. He's been repeating how special it is to have someone else at his secret place and I don't really get why. It's just a small rocky beach on the very border of town.

"Because I found it when I was eight, during my mom and dad's worst fights. I used to run from home almost every day because I couldn't bear to hear them be abusive to each other." He sighs and although I can't see anything in the dark, dark tunnel I can feel his eyes on me. My face instantly turns red and I'm more than sure that it would be inappropriate to jump on his lap while he's telling me a really serious story, but dang I would definitely love to right now.

"I guess it was my parents who sparked my insecurities when it comes to relationships. That's why I used to always just fuck around but that changed with you, Jordan."

My heart is about to burst out of my chest, oh God. How can Archer Finn be this adorable when he's vulnerable? How can there be someone whom I would kiss forever if I could? I would hold him forever and something inside of me tells me he would, too.

I lean in, completely ignoring the darkness around us and as if our lips are the opposite sides to one magnet, we perfectly match for a deep and heart warming kiss. It's not a sexual kiss, or a quick kiss; it's one of those kisses you don't get to have many times in your life.

It's one of those kisses that you remember forever and pass the story about even to the next generation.

It's one of those kisses which tell when two people are meant to be together.

And as I savor the last bits of the feeling this kiss brings and as I take in Archer's smell of something masculine without being too strong or overwhelming, I can only imagine one thing in my head.

Me, him, us.

This is just our start.