10 | TACOS AND ALLERGIES

"I'm already full and we still haven't even gotten to the good part." Archer announces while throwing himself back onto his chair. We both had more than enough mexican food before we even got to the tacos. And God knows how much I love tacos.

"I feel like I'm about to explode but I really want to eat my taco..." I almost sob, while rubbing my growing stomach.

My love for food is something that is always really unexpected considering how flat and thin I am. Imagine a pancake, now imagine it having a face and you'll get an accurate representation of what I look like.

Speaking of pancakes, I wouldn't mind eating one.

"Jesus, Birdie, you amaze me." He sighs and shakes his head in awe, "No, wait. Your stomach is what really surprises me. I didn't know someone could look this pregnant from eating too much."

"Shut up, Archer." I murmur back but can't help snickering at his comment. Might be a bit harsh, however it is honestly true. I feel like a bloated balloon but I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Isn't that Finn?" We both hear someone whisper as they enter the mexican restaurant. I roll my eyes the moment I see their faces - of course the stupid jocks would come ruin the fun for me like they always did during high school. Their surfer-like appearances were never my cup of tea and I've made sure to make myself clear of this when one of them, Bryan, tried to hook up with me at a party, and I blew him off before he could even lean in for a kiss. After that party I started hearing strange rumors about me being a whore who tried to jump Bryan (of course), which made me all the more annoyed with this group of bread brains.

"What is he doing here with Jordan? Is he insane? I told him she's a piece of shit!" Josh, who is Bryan's best friend and the football legend of our school laughs after making sure I hear every word of what he had to say. In hopes of keeping my demeanor, I grab my glass of water and chug all of it down my throat while looking at Archer who seems oblivious to the new arrivals. He smiles at me when our eyes connect and my heart flutters uncomfortably in my chest.

He almost makes me forget about the stupid guys who had made their way towards one of the tables in the far left corner while I was drinking my water angrily.

"Why do you look so pissed, Jordy?" He then suddenly asks and I'm left speechless by how well he reads me. It's not strange for me to read him, because I've kept my eyes on him for more than two years, but him? He said that he only recently found out he had feelings for me. You don't learn that skill without the long time of practice. The idea of him paying attention to me in school while I was completely oblivious to him reciprocating my feelings evokes a smug smirk on my lips that threatens to bloom into a full on smile.

Suddenly, the jocks are way out of my thoughts and the only thing I see is Archer's confused yet entertained face in front of me. This is an expression I'll probably never forget.

"Oh it's nothing serious. It's simply an allergy that I'm trying to overcome." I reply with a soft smile on my lips while mentally kicking the stupid guys on the far left corner once I hear them erupt in a loud, animalistic laughter like they always do.

Archer cocks a brow, finally aware of their presence but doesn't make a move to greet them. He just continues staring at me mischievously, his brown eyes looking more and more like a sweet chocolate bar.

"An allergy? Didn't know one of the remedies is frowning and making faces until it goes away."

"This is a special kind of allergy, Arch." I sigh and try to take a gulp from my glass but find it completely empty after having chugged it out of annoyance.

He blinks a few times and then a not-so-gentle laughter erupts from him. "Are you implying that you're allergic to the jocks? Because if that's the case, Bravo!"

I join him in his ridiculous giggles and nod my head 'yes'.

He, in response, shakes it, with an expression that's pretty hard for me to read. "Jordan Blue, you never fail to amaze me and amuse me."

I feign innocence and look around, blinking. "What are you talking about? I was just sharing my health issues."

"Didnt know that the jocks classified as a health issue. As a brainless bacteria- sure, but not as far as an issue."

"Well I've had my fair share of interactions with this shitty bacteria and I can tell you they might be stupid, but they're masters at ruining reputations."

"How did they ruin yours? God, even at graduation everyone knew you as just the smart kid." He smiles a gentle smile while looking at me fondly. "Oh, you're talking about the rumor that you tried to jump Bryan, right? Don't worry, Birdie, nobody believed it to begin with. Everybody knows you're far too smart to hook up with this gorilla."

I snort but can't help the blush that reddens my cheeks. So Archer didn't believe that rumor at all, huh?

"Why a gorilla, though?"

"Because he's hairy as hell, Jordy. Haven't you seen him? If you haven't, you still have a chance." He points his finger at the far left table where all of the boys act like they came out of the jungle. I shake my head, because I'd prefer to see anything but Bryan's disgusting grin.

Then, in front of everybody in the restaurant, Archer Finn learn towards me and places a sweet kiss on my lips where the taste of mexican food lingers for a few seconds. He smells incredible just like he always does and I can't help but think that I could bathe in his scent.

Suddenly, the jocks quiet down and I can feel them staring at us. I don't dare to look at them, and I have no desire to, especially after I see our tacos making their way to the table finally. Archer on the other hand blandly stares at them and before I can do anything to stop him from embarrassing himself, he flips them off. In the middle of a restaurant. The old ladies who sit at the table next to us gasp in shock and I can hear them murmuring something about how terrific the new generations are.

Can't blame them, we really are pretty bad.

It doesn't take long for the manager of the restaurant to appear from somewhere in the kitchen and politely demand that me and Archer leave the place as soon as we pay. We do so, but not before we munch on our tacos.

On my way out Archer grabs my hand and massages it in reassuring circles. I let my eyes trail onto the jocks right before we're about to open the front door and I find Bryan as red as a tomato in an expression that strangely enough looks like jealousy.