Kalopsia : The Story I Write

<<Adrienette>> This was done completely by my friend as editor, goldheartgamer ! Be sure to check her out! Original link: https://my.w.tt/KJjsub8WpO

Marinette took deep breath and focused on the voices. Strangely enough, the clarity of them always remained the same. Also, it was hard for her to concentrate in her entirely new environment. You see, Marinette had a severe case of Schizophrenia. She thought hearing voices wasn't too uncommon, but after the voices screamed at her to take one of her sewing needles and stab herself, she told her parents about it. Marinette was afraid of her own mind.

Her therapist had recently recommended that she try to understand the voices, rather than ignoring them or trying to block them out. Marinette had a feeling that it wasn't going to work, but she tried anyway. She desperately wanted to get better. She wanted to go back to school with Alya, and Nino, and all of her other friends. They had yet to learn of Marinette's fearsome circumstance, and Marinette wanted to keep it that way until she was better.

Just as she had assumed, her parents knew exactly what to do. After hugging and talking for a while, they asked her to see a therapist. So she did, and there was no evidence of improvement; her therapist recommended a temporary stay at Hope Ward. Marinette was well aware that this place was meant for those with mental illnesses, but she truly did want to get better. While the staff denied her request for a sewing kit, they provided her with a sketchbook and some oil pastels. She had only been here for about a week, and she was meant to stay for at most six months. Marinette was determined to fix herself faster.

There was a gentle knock at the door, and Marinette called out a cheerful

"Come in!" The nurse who tended to her, Laura, smiled.

"It's time for lunch. Come on to the dining hall when you're ready." Marinette nodded, sat up from the bed and stretched. In all honesty, not all of the people here were awful. The nurses were a little stiff, and some of the patients were a bit frightening, but Marinette didn't mind too much. After all, they were here to get better too.

As Marinette walked off to the dining hall, the voices picked up volume.

"Are your nails sharp?" "Does Marinette have to eat?" "Shh, she's about to meet-"

"Shut up." Marinette whispered. "Please."

When Marinette entered the room, the usual scene greeted her. She normally sat with the girl with the frizzy blonde hair. That girl, Marinette had decided, was probably the most welcoming one here. She didn't talk much, but when she did, she spoke rapidly and stumbled across her words, like she didn't want people to understand what she was saying. She had a bad habit of bursting into loud chilling laughter and pounding her fists against herself. Marinette sat next to her was because she was the youngest one on the room, she always looked terrified of everyone else, and she was only hurting herself.

After she had received her food, she heard a thump from behind her. She turned around and a boy caught her eye.

He had bright blonde hair, and lightly tanned skin. He was beautiful. But his eyes were terrifying. They were a pretty shade of pale green, but they moved so fast. It was as though the boy was mentally deciding how to burn the building to the ground.

A glance to the source of the thump was all that it took to see the nurse "retard guard" that she assumed the boy had knocked over. When she looked back up, he was staring at her, directly in the eye. Marinette had never enjoyed someone's attention more, but she quickly looked away and proceeded to the lunch table. The girl was gone, probably snuck off for some fun.