Sick Ladybug

<<Ladynoir>> Thanks @captinswanatonce for the idea!

  Yet another tissue was thrown onto the floor. Her bedroom floor was littered with the crumpled paper. It had been particularly rainy in Paris lately, and simply putting up with it was probably not the best thing to do, considering Marinette's weak immune system.

  She was pale, sweaty, sniffling, and coughing violently. It was not a pleasant experience, to say the least. Marinette was tucked into her duvet, sleeping serenely and soundlessly with Tikki on her desk before she was rudely awakened by a large crash outside, followed by the terrified screams of pedestrians.

  Marinette shot up and immediately regretted doing so. She felt dizzy. "Ugh, this is going to be a painnn." Marinette whined. "Aren't you a bit too sick to be going out and fighting?" Tikki asked timidly. She didn't want her little heroine to be weak and defenseless while out in combat.

  "I'll be fine." Marinette sighed, gently massaging her temple. "Paris needs Ladybug to purify the Akuma, anyways. Tikki, Spots on!"

  After transforming to her heroine persona, Marinette jumped out her skylight window and onto her balcony. "ACHOO!" That was kinda loud. She shook her head and leapt away to save Paris once again.

  ~~~~

  "M'lady, are you feeling okay?" Chat questioned after seeing Ladybug's ill state. He could tell just by looking at her that something was wrong. "I'm fine, Chat. Let's just get down to business." He was hesitant to let the matter go, but decided to leave her alone for the time being.

  Throughout the entire fight, Ladybug had been coughing harshly and her fighting hadn't been quite up to par either. She had been knocked to the ground more than once, and Chat was starting to get concerned.

  They finally had defeated the Akuma and were now sitting on top of the Eiffel tower, taking a moment to breath. "My lady, you really don't seem well." Chat huffed. "Yea, I feel pretty sick. I should probably head home."As she was speaking, she yawned and laid her head on Chat's shoulder.

Chats lips quirked into a little smile. It was a rare occurrence for his bugaboo to admit she needed a break, and he felt a bit proud that she trusted him enough to let him know.

"Well, why did you come out if you were sick and tired?" He gently stroked her hair. "Someone has to cleanse the Akuma and help you save Paris." Ladybug mumbled.
'Always so persistent to save Paris, how admirable. She just makes me fall for her more everyday... And she doesn't even know it.'

  He turned to her to warn Ladybug that they would have to detransform soon, but the heroine was fast asleep, her earnings flashing a final beep to indicate she only had a minute before she reverted to her alter-ego. He fought back a smile and looked forward while taking a deep breath. He tried shaking her awake, but it was no use. She was out cold.

  He couldn't just leave her there. Before he had more time to think it over, there was a pink flash beside him. She had de-transformed. He was running very low on time as well, so he had to make a quick decision.

  He slowly and hesitantly looked over at her. He was shocked. "Marinette?" He murmured. Like she heard her name, Marinette stirred before stilling once again. He couldn't believe it. The sweet, innocent, and shy girl that sat behind him in class, was the independent, strong, and outgoing Ladybug he loves?

  Now that he looks closer, he could see many similarities between the two. Short blue hair tied in little pigtails, beautiful baby blue eyes, and a strong, unbreakable spirit. 

  The beeping of his ring snapped him out of his daydreams. He had to act fast. He put one of his hands on her back and the other on back of her knees, picking her up bridal style. He looked around, and leapt in the direction of the bakery.

  Once there, he opened the - fortunately - unlocked skylight on her balcony and headed in. He laid Marinette on her bed and tucked her into the duvet, making sure she was warm. He stared at her for a minute, then leaned down to place a chaste kiss to her forehead, before running off into the night.

  "See you tomorrow, M'lady."

Have a miraculous day!