Chapter Thirty One

"Saskia, she ... she..." Aubrey cut off. In the moment she'd turned back to alert the others, Saskia had reappeared, looking no less exhausted - more even.

"She what?" Fred prompted, "Aubs?"

"She looked knackered," Lee finished, looking between the injured Lexy and almost asleep Saskia, "We should get them both to the hospital wing..."

"Right," Aubrey jumped up, as Lexy was well cared for, dashing over to Saskia, "Saskia, are you okay, you're sweating - "

"I made a horrible mistake," She curled up, "I ... I shouldn't have done that. They'll know I'm here now that I left, we'll all be in trouble if they come looking - " She was cut off as her breathing became faint and the group set off, ditching the Quidditch equipment in the bushes.

When Aubrey told the others about it later, they were somewhat unsurprised but a little creeped out, especially considering it had followed a possible murder attempt at Lexy. Lexy assured them that they could check the camera later but it seemed life had other plans. That night, Fred and George were called away, there had been an attack at the ministry involving Mr Weasley so neither girl really had time to watch back to the tape, that taking up their time for the next few days until term ended.

On the Hogwarts Express, Lexy assured them she'd check the footage over the holidays for any disappearances and conjurings. Whilst that may have been Lexy's holiday plans, Aubrey had a different task over Christmas: ask her parents about Hogwarts second greatest tragedy.

However, this was thwarted almost the moment she came off the train.

"Hello, honey!" Her Mother greeted her with a smile, looking after the twins who dashed after their family with a wave, "Am I not going to meet Fred then?"

"He needs to rush off, they're visiting Mr Weasley in St Mungo's, I think. Anyway, didn't you already meet him at the start of term?"

"No."

"Oh ... well, no then," Aubrey said, suddenly feeling a tap on the shoulder. She turned around to see Saskia, a beaming grin on her face, "Oh, hi Saskia ..." Her eyes darted back to her mother, a small smile crossing her lips as she realised her Mother's calm expression had changed to one of pure shock, "Mum, you might not be able to meet Fred but what about Saskia?"

"Saskia?" Mary repeated back, her voice breaking slightly in the middle. Saskia was staring her dead in the eye.

"Yes, Saskia," The solemness quickly disappeared as she turned back to Aubrey, "Um ... I just wanted to say Merry Christmas ... so, yeah, Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!" Aubrey replied with a smile. There was no reason to talk any longer, Saskia giving a funny bob goodbye before rushing off and vanishing into the crowd. The sly smile was still on Aubrey's face as she turned back to her still wide-eyed mother.

Quickly Mary recovered, "Aubrey, honey, who was that?..." She shook her head, "She reminded me so much of - "

"Gillian?"

The shock returned to Mary's face, "Aubrey - "

"She's the reason Dad and Umbridge hate each other, isn't she?" Aubrey stated, "Mum, I overheard them talking, you wrote a letter to Umbridge didn't you, with an orange blossom on the top about it to stop her from being cruel and holding a grudge ... didn't you?"

"Aubrey, you weren't meant to know about that - "

"Well, why not?" She asked, "What are you two hiding, you and Dad? He never talks about his school years, only anecdotes that came after. What happened, what big tragedy?"