Chapter Fifty Four

George said that the best things in life came easy, but this was coming so easy that Aubrey was terrified. The secret passages were as real as George claimed and thanks to floo powder, they soon found themselves in a small, magical pub in the South of England.

"I don't know this village too well but I know it's near enough that my parents can get a car here but near enough to London too that we won't be too long," Lexy whispered as they stepped out of the pub, rubbing her arms to keep her warm, "Can anyone see a phone box ... you three do know what that looks like, right?"

Aubrey and George exchanged a look before raising their eyebrows as if to say really?

Lexy raised her hands, "Okay, okay, just checking! You know you act all defensive now but in First Year, Aubrey didn't know what shampoo was - "

"Yeah, because I used potions! And to be fair, hon, you didn't know what they were either," Aubrey snapped back before sighing, "Sorry, point is we know what they look like and I think I can see one over there."

Lexy spun around before giving her friend a thumbs up, "Nice one ... you three wait here, I'll be right back."

With that, she rushed off, whilst George shook his head, "Is that just a regular muggle thing to order a car or a rich muggle thing?"

"A rich muggle thing," Aubrey confirmed, "Usually her parents would just come and pick her up but after a certain point they just order a car for her ... I don't really understand it but luckily she does. Lexy's good with rich people things ... she has a pool."

"Wicked," George grinned, "Can't imagine what that's like to be honest, just having your own swimming pool whenever you want... must be nice."

The conversation vered into small talk so they were all pleased when Lexy rushed out, a grin on her face, "Thanks to my letter, my Dad essentially had the number already pre-dialled. And I hope the driver's one of the ones who likes me. Then we can ask to make a stop on the way."

"Won't your parents be worried?"

Lexy shrugged, "Probably but I'll just explain in the morning that it was urgent. They won't be angry either way, they can never stay angry with me for long. The car should be about twenty minutes ... could we maybe wait inside?"

It was a little awkward the four of them just sitting in silence in the Wizard pub especially since only George had got something and even that was just a free tap water so they couldn't technically be kicked out.

"Are you going to order anything else?" The gruff man behind the bar asked every once in a while to which they would all awkward nod and promise in a little bit before hopefully looking out the window for a car.

It definitely felt like more than half an hour but at last, Lexy leapt up, "I see it! I see it!"

The other three followed suit, Saskia almost tripping over two table legs in a row out of excitement. The girls all made a beeline for the door but George decided to take a little detour over to the man behind the bar.

"You run a fine establishment, sir, have this ..." George fished around in his pocket, gritting his teeth as all he found was one bronze coin, "Knut as a token of thanks."

With that, he dashed out as Lexy giggled, "Well, that was - "

"Incredibly awkward, I know, let's just go," He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the car. Lexy stuck her head in the window, her voice suddenly becoming a million times posher.

Eventually, she straightened up, "It's the right car, get in!"

Lexy clearly knew what she was doing, expertly convincing the driver that her parents were up in London for a charity ball or something whilst the other three just sat in the back, feeling far too peasant-like for such a fancy car.