2.2

"I will compare the glow of those footprints to the pterodactyl scale," Velma said as they went on their way. "And we'll check out Mr. Wickles book," Daphne said grabbing the book from Fred.

"I am gonna go a wrap my stomach", I tell them pointing out my stomach which is slightly bleeding. They all gasp not realizing that I got hurt, Fred walks up to me as Daphne goes to get the first aid kit, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was that bad...it just started bleeding, I swear!", I tell him trying not to whimper as he inspects my stomach pulling me to the couch. Daphne brings the kit to us which Fred gladly took, "I got this Daph. You go search the book."

I lift my shirt slightly exposing the cut above my belly button. I can see Fred visibly gulp before cleaning the cut and wrapping it with the bandage. I try not to cry at the pain of Fred's rough dressing skills, Fred takes notice and gently finishes, "Sorry." I smile as I bring my shirt back down, Fred begins to lean towards me as I do the same and our lips lightly touch before Shaggy and Scooby walk in causing us to pull away.

"Hey, guys," Shaggy said, "Scooby's feeling kind of like he's got rabies. We're just gonna go outside to get some fresh air"Scooby moaned like he was in pain before leaving the room with Shaggy in a hurry. Fred and I exchange weird glances knowing they are up to something.

Velma and Daphne came out of the lab with smiles on their faces right after. "What's up, Velma?" Fred asked wrapping an arm around my waist.

"The analysis of the pterodactyl scale. It contains randamonium, which this book says is the critical ingredient needed to make monsters" Velma said excitedly.

"Doesn't randamonium glow", I ask already knowing the answer. "Like those footprints in Wickles' mansion?" Daphne said and Fred grew a smile on his lips, "If we prove Wickles is behind this, this mystery goes down like a dot-com and Coolsville digs us again"

"Where would he get randamonium?" Daphne asked leaving us all clueless before I figured it out, "Randamonium is the byproduct of silver mines. Like the abandoned mining town in old Coolsville."

"Then we better get to that mining town and see what's..." Velma said before she stopped and dropped to the ground, crawling over to the couch before flipping over the back, "Get rid of him!" Velma said crawling to the lab.

"Keep him busy," Daphne said to Fred before I looked back to see Patrick standing at the door. Daphne and I followed Velma into the lab.

"What are you doing Velms?" I asked before crawling after Velma with Daphne behind me. "He wants to ask me on a date," Velma said terrified. "It's okay to be scared," Daphne said sticking her head out to find Velma.

"I am not scared. I've fought werewolves and ghosts. But in the end, we usually unmask them and it's a little, scared man inside" Velma said as I stopped following her because my stomach was beginning to hurt.

"It's the same with dating", Daphne simply said finally catching Velma, "Velma, have you ever considered that maybe werewolves and ghosts are just distractions to keep you away from what really frightens you? Intimacy with another person"

We all sit down in the circular office as I smile at my orange-loving friend giving her a wink, "And by intimacy, she means someone who thinks you're really hot."

"But I'm more comfortable in the world of logic and facts. And...I'm not hot" Velma said looking at the ground.

"Yeah well, neither are we" Daphne and I tell her honestly with a sad smile while helping her up.

"Everybody has flaws, Velma. The object of a healthy relationship...is to never let the other person know they're there" Daphne said.

"I really like this guy, you guys. What would you do if someone thought...that you were some glamorous and mysterious jet-setter?" Velma said as she looked at Patrick through the window.