The Unexpected News

It has been a week since she came back from Hogwarts after her encounter with Draco. She was able to sleep well now but with the help of potions. She was given a long list of instructions on how to take care of herself and handle the 'panic attacks' like the last time.

When she was about to go to her bathroom for a shower, she heard a knock on her door. She frowned and opened it - She was staring at the grey eyes of Malfoy.

"Mm..Malfoy, I didn't expect to see you here"

"I told you the other day you needed some health replenishment potions, didn't I? So here I am"

"Oh..I thought your assistant or someone else will deliver those"

"My assistant has taken the day off. Moreover I wanted to give some more instructions in person. Would you mind letting me in? I feel just comfortable staunding at your door as well, by the way".

"Oh..yeah sorry. I..I didn't realize. Please come in. " She was clearly flustered.

"The great Hermione Granger stuttering..Someone pinch me now".He smiled.

She mock glared at him and motioned for him to sit down.

"Granger, please get a cup of coffee and sit down across me. I have something to tell you." His face was serious.

She was shocked but obeyed him nonetheless. When they were comfortably settled, he began.

"I don't know a better way to tell you this. Um..you are.." He was clearly struggling. Finally he said "Granger, you are pregnant".

She didn't move a muscle. She just stared at him, passively without any reaction showing in her face.

"Granger, please say something. You are scaring me here."

"This can't be happening. I don't know how..this is impossible..I didn't even.."she was belabouring away which made no sense to him.

"Granger, I can't understand a word you are saying. I know you are shocked but please try to accept it. Whatever the course of action you take, I will help in whatever way a healer can. Now please tell me how you feel"

She smiled. She laughed sadly. A single tear rolled down her cheek. She immediately stiffened, trying to control herself not wanting to show her weakness.

He understood. "Granger, I know I am the last person you want to be with in a moment like this but I happened to be the healer. We found out you were pregnant as part of the regular health tests we took the other day. That is why I came in person to convey the news."

She was about to ask something when he interrupted. " Before you ask, nobody but Mada Pomfrey's and I know the news. So, relax. I won't breath a word of it to others. I know you can't believe me but as a healer I have some privacy rules and I intend to stick to those. I can be reliable, try to trust me. I know it's difficult but.."

"Malfoy, just shut up. This is the last news I expected today but what happened has happened. I totally thank you for how you handled this thing till now. Thank you for respecting my privacy.

I am not so cheap to judge you by your past actions to sabotage this situation, so stop berating yourself.

As for the future, I will think about it and let you know how to proceed in a few days' time. "

Draco didn't expect her to react this way. She trusted him. Hermione trusted Draco. He can wipe away the doubts he had that day about him conveying the news to her instead of through someone else.

He wasn't fooled though. "Granger, you are shaking"

"What? No, I am not. I can handle the situation perfectly. Am the brightest witch, aren't I ?"

She started to sweat, she laughed a little and when he thought she was getting all right, she fell down and fainted.