The One after 2 years

"Harry..any updates yet?" She asked her friend for the 10th time that day.

"No Hermione but we are trying. Please relax and go to bed now."

"How can I relax, Harry when my only daughter has suddenly gone missing and we have had no lead for the last 3 days? I am very close to losing all my hope and you people don't seem to be doing anything" She was crying again. It has become the only thing she does these days.

She had been living in a muggle place ever since the drama with Pansy at Draco's place. After so many difficulties, her beautiful daughter Emma was born, becoming the only cause Hermione wanted to survive for. She had set up a lovely little library with Harry and Ron's help in order to support her child.

Her friends have been immensely supportive, continually checking up on her and insisting she spend the holidays with them. Somehow they didn't question her much about the baby's father after she informed them "I don't feel it's better to share it, not because I want to hide it from you but just because I need some time to sort this all out".

She was leading a..well, an almost normal life when suddenly her daughter, who had been playing outside with the neighbourhood kids had disappeared. Harry Potter, Ron and all of her close friends were immediately informed and the search began.

"Hermione, believe it or not, we love Emma as well. We are doing the best we can. Now please go to your room without taking more of your frustration on us"

She just hung her head in embarrassment.

"Hermione, I am sure we will find her. Please don't worry." Ginny spoke up.

She nodded gravely. "Ginny, did you leave James alone at home?"

"No Hermione, he is with Molly. She has been asking about seeing her grandchild recently anyway." She kindly replied and turned to her husband. "Harry, where is Ron?"

"There were reports of a new child sighted just outside Diagon Alley, so I sent him there. I am headed there myself. Now Gin, it's time. Let's leave. Take care Hermione, I will come again tomorrow with an update most probably." He said the last part to Hermione.

"Thanks Harry. Sorry about earlier, I didn't.."

"No that's all right, Hermione. I am sorry, in fact. I can understand how much you are hurting now. Please don't lose hope. I am here for you. Now..I must really go"

She went up to hug him. "Thanks again. Love you both. Bye" She managed a smile.

"Love you too, Hermione. Bye" They said back, smiled and apparated.