The One with the Triwizard Tournament

The next day they found themselves at Hogwarts tournament inauguration surrounded by almost all the people of magical London. Their old professors congratulating them, the new students keenly asking them about their adventures and their friends enveloping them in bear hugs, clearly ecstatic to seeing them after a long time.

"Welcome Hermione! Ah..Malfoy..good to see you. How are you holding up..you know..with the things.." Neville asked them.

"Everything is fine. And call my husband Draco, Neville. Or should I say..professor Neville?" She smiled, happy for her friend. "Neville is a professor of herbology now" she explained to Draco.

"Hey Hermione! Good to see you!" Harry and Ron hugged her, leaving Draco alone.

"Hey Hermione! You look great as always! If Malfoy troubles you just say the word, and he will be finished" Seamus added to the awkwardness in the air.

Sensing something has to be done, she called for all the people present in the hall and casting a 'Sonorus!' spell to raise her voice, she said "Hi everyone! I hope you all know I am married to Draco Malfoy now." There were collective gasps. "I wanted you all to know that he has been so supportive and a great husband anyone can hope to have. We never had Gryffindor vs Slytherin battles at home" Some laughed at this. Draco was dumbfounded, he just kept looking at her. "The point I am trying to make is, whatever the house you are in, it doesn't matter in the real life. Do good, be good and most important, please try being kind to whoever and whenever you can. After all we have had Dumbledore as our headmaster, the least judgemental person anyone could have ever seen. I expected a little more respect to my husband, I am sorta ashamed my own house friends failed to show it today" She finished, glaring at her fellow Gryffindors.

"That's better than any welcome speech I could have prepared" Professor McGonagall said, drawing everyone's attention. "Now for the Triwizard championship. This is very special since it is happening after nearly 6 years after the wizarding war. Let the games begin!" She announced. At that, many groups of people entered, the sports officials, the judges and the competitors.

"Draco, I am sorry. I didn't expect people to be still believing you are bad." She turned to him and said kindly.

"I am least bothered, Hermione. But did you see the 1st years? They were afraid to even shake my hand. What am I going to do to make it right? The kids are afraid of me, Hermione. How will I raise Emma? I am going to be a terrible father, I tell you"

"Draco, do you even realize what you are saying. 1st years have probably heard stories from their parents before coming here and obviously they are afraid of you. It will take time, but trust me, it will change. You are a healer now, remember? Keep doing good and you will be loved just like.." she quickly stopped.

He didn't miss it. Was she really about to say she loved him? "Just like what, Hermione?"

"Nothing. Where is Emma?"

He didn't press her further. "Thank God you asked at least now. Look slowly towards the entrance"

She did as he asked and all of a sudden she forgot how to breathe. Her parents were coming towards her, with Emma sitting happily in her grandfather's arms. They were crying when they saw Hermione.

"Draco..what is happening here?"

"What? They wanted to see their granddaughter."

"That means.."

"Yes, they are completely cured now, all the memories restored and intact. I know the healers told you to restore the memories slowly and you have not seen them in like forever but I wanted to try a memory restore potion, it will not give them any side effects and is very fast. So they were ready test subjects and I used them" he laughed lightly.