The Unexpected Discovery

"DRACO..COME DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT"!

She was standing in her room looking at the many bags on the floor. The room had become hers after she found out it had a beautiful balcony with a hanging chair and a library attached. Surprisingly he had not argued over it.

"Hermione..what happened! Why are you yelling"?! Draco came running, fresh from his bath with a silk robe tied around his body and a book in his hand.

"Explain this" She gestured towards the bags.

"Uh..it's for you, Hermione. I figured you needed new clothes so I had my elf buy it from a muggle store."

"I have clothes back at my home. I could have just brought it here"

"Don't start arguing this early. Treat it as my homecoming gift" He was smiling as he said it.

"Ok. Well..thanks..I guess" She suddenly noticed something. "Uh..Draco how come you have a book when my room has the only attached library"?

He looked sheepishly away. "I said this room has an attached library but not the only library."

Oh, so that is why he had not argued over her taking this room.

She smiled then, genuinely surprised. "Ohh..so there is another one? Please Draco..can I come see it? Just once, I won't trouble you more, I promise" She looked up at him eagerly awaiting his answer.

"What? No 'Draco..u tricked me into taking this room', No 'you cheated' "?

"Um..no I really want to see it..pleeasee"? She was practically begging now.

He laughed heartedly at her antics. "Let me show you when I return home today. God, you are cute. I never realized it before"

She huffed indignantly at being called 'cute' eventhough she liked him calling her that. "Promise"? She had to make sure.

"Yes I guess"

"It's not like I am asking for your gold. At least smile a little"

He sighed impatiently. "Granger, I am not a mushy person"

She kept looking away.

"Do I have to"? He groaned

"Yes" She persisted.

"Ok you win. Of course you can see my private library, Hermione. I am happy to show you. Enough"?

"He he, yes I am happy." She will be the reason he goes down, sure.

"Now that we have settled an all important thing in your life, can we please discuss the other thing called pregnancy?"

"Uh..yes, sure. Um..the last time I got drunk was at Hogwarts' third annual alumni ball"

"Ok. What all do you remember from that day?"

"Prof.McGonagall greeted us, we had food, then we danced. I think I drank a little before that." She stopped to think if she could remember anything else, suddenly she froze, her mind seemed to get hold of something.

"Draco..I remember something else. I saw someone I hate..someone I totally despise..after I woke up that morning. But I had a terrible headache so I didn't care much."

"Uh..Hermione..is there any chance that person would be Pansy Parkinson"?

"Yeah..probably. I don't know for sure"

"I know it. She came and talked to me that same morning asking something about you but I had the worst hangover myself so I don't remember anything."

"Draco..what do we do about it? I am scared, if she knew something we don't, she will broadcast it to the entire school. I know she is your..but she is bad..to me at least" She grew silent.

"Hermione, listen. Please don't insult me by thinking I would be partial towards her. She was my girlfriend once and we broke up, that's it. She is not my friend now. Whoever did this to you will be punished, believe me."

"Thank you, Draco"

"Enough mush for today. I am going to go talk to my mates about what happened that day. Now go have a bath before I turn you into a pumpkin"

He waved and left.