The One with the Peptalk

It was a beautiful sunny day, only for Emma though. Hermione had hardly an hour's sleep the previous night, what with the very unexpected request by Draco to get involved in Emma's life.

"Mommie..!" Emma laughed, showing her a little 'building' she was supposed to be making with her blocks.

She was seated on the floor of their store, "Emma's cloth Paradise" just like everyday. Emma with her cute little pink frock, very happy on just having been fed by her mom.

"Oh yes, baby! That looks lovely. Go on!" She encouraged, her heart swelling with pride. Emma is a very intelligent and pretty baby with people cooing over her anywhere she went. "Mommy loves you, baby girl! Here you go, your favourite chocolate cake" She fed Emma a little piece from her own plate just placed there by one of her staff.

"Is that stuff healthy?" The very familiar voice of Draco Malfoy was heard. She turned to look at him, he was just entering her store's main door, casually handsome in a jean and a white cotton shirt, the top button undone.

"Is my eyes tricking me or is the great Draco Malfoy dressed in muggle casual clothes?" She smiled at him.

"Yes I am. And I look very handsome judging by the looks of your staff" He waved at them.

He was right. The 3 women, well..2 young and an old cleaning lady were literally ogling at him, their mouths slightly open! Not their fault though, this man was dangerously handsome.

"Ahem!" She cleared her throat loudly, causing them to reluctantly look away.

"Ok, obvious question. What are you doing her?"

"Obvious answer. I came to see my baby girl!" He cooed, trying to imitate a baby voice. He lifted her up, made some funny faces, much to Emma's amusement. It was clear she liked the man, clapping and speaking unintelligible words to him, excited to see his antics.

Noticing Hermione staring at him, he said. "Also to see the lovely mother of this girl. She is rumored to be very beautiful, any ideas where she will be Hermione?"

She barely hid the blush. He smirked. "Draco..be serious. Why are you here?"

"To take you both home."

"What? And face the world? No way"

"How long are you planning to hide here?"

"As long as it takes people to grow less-judgemental"

"Very funny. Look..you must face our society anyway. Let it be today. No use postponing, Hermione. Come with me, and please don't start arguing. I have wasted so much time with my daughter as is." His voice was earnest.

"I agree. But I still have time till she has to go to Hogwarts."

"Then good luck explaining your muggle friends about her 'accidental' object levitation or any other magic she pulls off.

"Don't you think it's too early? She is just 2"

"She is born to you and me! I would say it's already late!" He was growing impatient.

"I need some time to think about it.."

"You have had 2 years. Look, this is the right time. You can continue your business even from our place. It will really be very difficult to convince the muggles once she starts exhibiting magic, the whole ministry will come to know you have a kid..the press will go haywire..besides you can't keep living like a muggle forever. You are Hermione know-it-all Granger! Damn, woman, come and do whatever you dreamt of doing! You will also get to meet your precious Potter and other stupid friends..don't you want all of that?"

"Did you just give me a pep talk, Malfoy?"

"May be I did"

"Well, it worked. Great Merlin be with me, let's go right away!"

Will the great Merlin just work on her fastening heartbeat whenever she sees him or help Draco to name the growing emotions towards his girls...let's find out.