Chapter 8

Chapter 8

In the wake of conversing personally, I had to shift Mr. Singhania into his bedroom, a feeling of awkwardness creeping up inside my heart. I was still in favour of resolving the issue because the mysterious culprit was residing somewhere at the back of my mind, warning me of the imminent danger to Mr. Singhania's life.

We at first hesitated to look at each other while I could see him tightening his knuckles on the armrest of his wheelchair. He was embarrassed as much as I was until he made the effort to initiate the conversation. "Dr. Sapna Verma?"

I pursed my lips together and tapped the floor in nervousness. No apt reaction was coming to my mind in such a situation and I just mumbled. "What more do you have to talk now?"

"I know whatever had happened an hour ago is enough to vex you. But believe me, it was not what I had wanted to do. They are my friends and I know them personally. I...I am..." He said, his elegant blue eyes gazing at me with decent and apologetic emotions.

I stared at him in amazement. "That's great, Mr. Singhania. They are your friends so they have the license to insult anyone. You also supported them because you know them personally. You mustn't forget that it's your friend Kiran who is at fault, and you brought me here into this room to brag about the matter which I am trying to forget. There was no need for this, Mr. Billionaire. I am already leaving your house and the case, WILLINGLY."

"Sapna!" I heard him call just my first name, freezing my limbs in the same position.

A tight grip snaked up from the corner of my waist before encircling my right wrist. My agitated nerves tensed as his grip felt so strong and heartwarming against my skin, goosebumps dangling in my stomach. I didn't know why I was getting carried away every time he came in contact with me.

"Leave me, please." I fisted my palm, struggling hard into his chained grip. Though he was severely hurt and on wheelchair, he still possessed the handsome arms of a stalwart and strength of a physically powerful male.

"Oh Sapna, don't come to conclusions without listening to the whole thing. I wanted to speak to you personally to provide an apology for my behavior. I just needed to explain to you under what circumstances I had done that. I'm sorry..." His eyes were gleaming with beads of pleading tears but he was strong enough not to let them flow outwards.

In the next moment, I equally widened my moistened eyes, staring at him through the blurry vision. "Sorry doesn't make a dead person alive, Mr. Singhania. If you are done with your apology, can I leave, please?" I was twisting my wrist to set it free while he wouldn't let me go.

He shook his head. "I am not done yet. Do you know what compelled me to behave in that particular way? The exact reason wasn't how they were behaving but the real reason was actually YOU."

He was explaining it in a very casual manner but it was stabbing my heart with numerous imaginary blades. He was trying to turn the tables to blame me in order to justify the acts of his close friends. I would tolerate anything but not listen to anyone's chiding unnecessarily.

"You're unimaginable, Mr. Singhania. You only need reasons to blame me and that's it." I groaned, unable to bear things any further. He was forcefully trying to appease me and I did not feel the urge to fall for it again. Tears had already begun trickling down my cheeks but I wouldn't want to hide it anymore.