Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Siddharth and I were satisfied with the balanced married life we were spending together. It contained love, care and most importantly, huge respect for each other. I was still on leave and Mr. Karthik had applied for me to resume my duties as a public doctor again.

Siddharth was perfectly healthy now and was given to work on a new case. He was thinking to give up gambling and sell all his casinos forever, and willing to pay attention only to his duties as an undercover agent.

I was looking after Mr. Dushyant since he wasn't keeping well due to his son's crimes and was crying over his own faults. He had even apologized to Siddharth many number of times but Siddharth was as usual an ideal son. He had easily forgiven his brother and was praying for Vaibhav so that the latter didn't get sentenced by any harsh punishment under the jurisdiction.

I had finally completed working with the files that Anand had once given me and was hurrying to meet him in the afternoon that day. I got dressed up in my casual shirt and denims, wishing Siddharth a goodbye by pecking his cheeks. He gave me a short kiss on my lips before I left the bungalow.

On my way back home after the meeting with Anand, I received a call from Mr. Karthik. "How are you, Mr. Karthik?"

"I'm all on my limbs Mrs. Singhania but I think Siddharth is not." It was already late in the evening and I didn't like Mr. Karthik fooling around again.

"What are you saying?" My heart skipped a beat. "Will you stop kidding with me?"

"We were wrong in getting to the culprit, my dear. Do you know that the attacker is still out in the open? The gun which we recovered from the bungalow didn't contain Vaibhav's fingerprints but somebody else's. Someone had tried to frame Vaibhav by keeping the jacket in his room and maybe had blackmailed him for something. But... Vaibhav is not ready to disclose who the real culprit is."

"Are you kidding me!" My world crashed in a moment. I was away from home and most importantly, from Siddharth. I had left him all alone at the bungalow and could not even imagine the consequences I would face next. I disconnected the call after telling him that I would contact him later and hurrying to reach the bungalow as soon as possible.

I entered the Singhania bungalow in a haste, calling out Siddharth's name at the top of my voice. Kamal came rushing out of the kitchen on hearing my voice.

"Where is Siddharth?" I asked him, frowning my forehead.

"He is not home. He said that he is going to his friend Kiran's place for some reunion party." Kamal informed me and retired to the kitchen again.

Siddharth had really gone to Kiran's bungalow!

The truth was apparently killing me but the worst fact was that his life was in danger. Vaibhav was not the real culprit but it was someone else. I didn't even know how to save Siddharth because I had no knowledge of where Kiran stayed or where her bungalow was.

I ran to our room and gave a call to Mr. Karthik, detailing him the matter. "Do you know where Singh Villa is? I think Vikki was speaking of Singh villa before his death."

"But the previous attack happened in Singhania villa so he could have probably spoken of Singhania Villa too," he told me.