You have no right

It's been a week now since Manik was staying in Murthy house. He is almost fine now and all thanks goes to the care of Durga and Nandini. They made sure that Manik does all the things correctly which doctor had told him to do. But the bandage was still there in his forehead and hand. One day at morning Durga was working in the kitchen. Manik came there and stood at the door. He called out

"Aunty."

Du: Arre Manik tum uthe kyun mujhe bula lete mein aa jati. Iss halat mein tumhe uthne ki kya jarrot tha? You need to rest.

M: No, aunty, am fine. Pura din toh rest hi karta hun. Akela room mein bore ho raha tha toh socha aap ke paas aa jata hoon. So, I can spend some time with you and I won't be bore anymore.

Du: Yeh toh thik hein. Tum baitho yaha.

Durga again continued her work and Manik was standing beside her and watching her cooking.

M: You know aunty when I was in home I used to cook with mom. I always used to be there in the kitchen with her. Dad used to be busy so he couldn't give us much time at day times. I used to cut vegetables with her and many things. That was so fun.

Du: It's amazing. Then from now on I am your mother as well. So, after you get well, you will help me in kitchen. Okay?

M: Sure, aunty. Ummm...... Where is Nandini? I didn't find her anywhere.

Du: Nandini has gone out for some work. Hadn't she told you before going?

M: No, I was sleeping actually. That's why may be she didn't disturb me.

Du: May be.

M: Nandini is a nice girl.

Du: She is good but very stubborn. I had a son before Nandini who had died when he was just 1. Then Nandini came in our life. We had pampered her so much that she became this much stubborn. You know after all she is our only child and we didn't want to loose her.

M: She is not that much stubborn. She is just a little immature. She doesn't know how to explain her feelings.

Then they talked a lot with each other while Durga was making lunch.

That day at the evening Manik was standing at the terrace alone. Nandini came there and stood beside him. Manik looked at her and found her already staring at him.

N: Why are you standing here alone?

M: There is no one to stand with me that's why I was standing here alone.

N: That day you were about to tell me something. Now you can tell me.

M: I know I have no right to interfere in your life. You are paying me that's why I am here. But after spending last few days with your parents I have come to know that they are very good human beings and the sad part is that you are going leaving them behind. Why are you going? For a person who can't come here for his love? Why? Is every duty of being in the relationship is yours? Doesn't he has some responsibilities? Doesn't he has something to do for the relationship? Does he even love you?

N: (getting angry) How can you say that he doesn't love me? How do you know? Do you even know him? You haven't met him once and assumed that he doesn't love me. He doesn't have any responsibilities.

M: May be I don't know him, I haven't met him. But believe me if you share this with anyone, everyone will say this only. You don't know because you have not shared this with anyone till now and to know this I don't need to do any experiment. Just one request don't go away leaving your parents.

N: (angrily showing her hand to Manik) Enough..... You don't need to think what I am doing. I very well know what I am doing and what is good for me. And may be you are forgetting you are just a mere employee for me nothing more. So, stop interfering in my life.

M: I didn't forget. I'm sorry for interfering.

N: You don't worry my visa has almost proceed I can go anytime.

Saying this Nandini left from there. Manik stood there still looking at her going figure.

Precap: Leaving Nandini's home.

Done with the chapter. What do you think is Nandini doing right by leaving her parents behind? Share your views. Don't forget to vote and comment.
Bye.