I've Made A New Friend

IZUMI'S POV

I was resting in bed and Koga was resting next to me. My injuries weren't as bad as they before since I've been eating Aoi's cooking and resting up my body as well. I opened my eyes and I heard the gentle sound of someone playing a shamisen. I sat up in bed and I then got out of bed as I followed the sound of the gentle sound of the instrument playing. I opened the sliding doors and I saw that woman before. She noticed me and she said to me.

"Konichiwa, Nekomanta."

"Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you, I loved listening to the sound of an instrument playing."

I said as I entered her room. I sat down in front of her and I said to her.

"You might have seen me unconscious before but, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Izumi Takashi."

"I'm Suzuran, it's nice to meet you Izumi-chan, how are your injuries?"

"They're not as bad as they before and I guess it's thanks to Aoi's cooking."

Suzuran smiled at me and she then continued to play her shamisen.

"I love listening to the sound of a shamisen, it always reminds me of home."

"I'm glad it does remind you of the apparent realm when I'm playing like this, it reminds me of the times when Shiro comes to visit me in the capital."

"Shiro was always the crazy old man."

"You knew him?"

"I never met the guy but Otu-san did speak about him a few times, I think he also complains about him as well."

Suzuran giggled when I said this. I looked out of the window and I said to her.

"You know something, back in the Apparent Realm, I was part of a music band, I was the acoustic guitarist and the lead singer."

"Really? it's a shame you don't have your instrument with you, I would have loved to listen to you sing and play."

"Hehe, my thoughts exactly."

Suddenly, my stomach growled loudly again. I blushed a little and I said to Suzuran.

"Oops, please excuse me."

"Hehe, it's all right, Aoi is in the small shack in the back if you want something to eat."

"Arigato Suzuran, I'll talk to you again later, excuse me."

I said politely before I left the room. Suddenly, Koga showed up in front of my face and he shouted.

"Izumi-sama! what are you doing out of bed?! you should-"

"Urasai!! Koga!!"

I shouted angrily as I grabbed him by the back of his fur.

"I'm perfectly fine, jeez, there's no need to be so jumpy, honestly, you're so protective of me."

"Well can you blame me?! after what happened last night there's no way I can leave you alone now!"

"I get that idea, anyway, I'm gonna go and get something to eat, I'm hungry."

I said as I placed Koga on my shoulder and I headed to the shack where Aoi is. Once I got there, I opened the sliding door and I spoke up.

"Aoi? are you here?"

Aoi appeared from the back room and she smiled at me.

"Konichiwa, Izumi-chan, it's good to see you out of bed, are you feeling any better?"