I Have A Feeling That Trouble Is Coming

IZUMI'S POV

I was in the middle of chopping up the ingredients for tonight's opening and my mind was still wondering about last night's intruder. I sighed a little and I thought to myself.

'Last night's attack still worries me, if that intruder is after Aoi, does that mean the demon slayers know that I'm here and they're using her to get my attention or is this the work of that mutt?'

"Oy! Izumi-chan!"

I snapped out of my thoughts when Aoi called out to me. I shook my head and I looked at Aoi.

"Gomen, Aoi, my mind is going again."

"What's the matter? are you mad about what those three said to you last night?"

"No, I'm over that but, I'm a bit worried about you Aoi, you do realise that I'm still on the run from the demon slayers right?"

"Of course I remember, why?"

I looked away from her with a worried expression on my face.

"The demons slayers are smart and they'll do whatever it takes to capture and kill the demon they're after, even if that means going after someone who is close to you, like you Aoi."

Aoi looked at me surprised and I then looked at her with a determined face.

"Last night's intruder made me realise those scumbags won't give up on me or my old man that easily, so that's why I have to make sure that you don't get dragged into a dangerous situation, whether I'm being captured or fighting against those slayers."

"I appreciate your concern for my safety Izumi-chan but, I'll be fine with a little more practice with the fan that Matsuba-sama gave me, I'll be fine."

I frowned a little and I shouted.

"That's not the point!"

Aoi and Koga were shocked by my outburst and I managed to calm myself a little.

"Aoi, you don't know these guys like I do, I know you want to help, but they're powerful slayers and they'll do whatever it takes to hunt and kill a demon, so if there were to come into a time when those slayers do find me and if I'm in a fight with them, don't get involved, they don't care if you're a human or the bride of an Ogre God just promise me that you'll stay out of the fight and away from danger, trust me you don't want to end up like me when I first came to this realm."

Aoi looked at me worryingly and then she sighed in defeat.

"All right, I promise."

I smiled in relief and then we got back to work on preparations for the opening night. I tasted the sauce for the noodles and it tasted nice. Just then, a familiar voice spoke up.

"Izumi, Aoi."

We stopped what we were doing and Odanna and Ginji had shown up. We looked at him and then Odanna said to us.

"Let's go out for a bit."

"What? but we haven't finished the preparations for tonight, yet."

"Just for a little while."

It was tempting but, we had to finish the preparations until Ginji whispered to us.

"Don't you two want to taste some good food?"

My ears perked up when Ginji said this and Aoi looked surprised. In the end, Aoi and I ended up going into town with Odanna and Ginji. Aoi and I wore our masks as we ate some food that Odanna bought us.

"Nya~ this is so good."

I said while my tails wagged happily as I ate the grilled fish. Aoi nodded her head in agreement as one of the locals said hello to Odanna. Aoi looked around and she spoke up.