I've Regained A Sibling

IZUMI'S POV

I got back to Moonflower and I sat my cloak to the side to let it dry off and I took off my mask before shaking my head a little. I saw Aoi and she has that determined look on her face. Aoi began to write down some ideas for the Bento and I was surprised by the ingredients that she was going to use.

"What's up with you? earlier you seemed a bit worried and unsure what to do for this bento."

"I know but, I spoke with Odanna-sama and he just gave me some advice and now, I'm confident that the guest will enjoy our bento."

I was surprised by this and I then smirked at her because I knew the reason why Odanna decided to give her advice and why she looked a bit happy as well.

"What? what's with the look on your face?"

"Nothing~"

I said while my tails wagged happily. Koga shook his head and then he mumbled.

"Ugh, girls these days....I'm going for a nap."

Koga left us alone and then Aoi and I got to work on the Bento. She smiles at the Bento and she then spoke up.

"Done! this should let him eat even while writing."

"Definitely, all we have to do is to keep it up for a week."

Since then, Aoi and I have been discussing what kind of bento we should make for Habbakobu and then we made it by night time. Aoi and I were in the middle of making the finishing touches for the bento until O-Ryo decided to come and steal one of the chicken nuggets.

"Oy!!"

I shouted as O-Ryo ran out of the shop. Aoi and I looked at each other and then we laughed afterwards.

A WEEK LATER...

"Hot spring eggs huh? I've heard about them but I've never tasted them before."

"Well, I'm going to try a dish with them and maybe you can be the first person to try it."

I licked my lips just thinking about that idea. Aoi opened the sliding doors and then we saw a nyudo-bozu wearing a mask that I was able to recognise. My ears went back for a moment and then Aoi mumbled.

"That mask...."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

The fox took off his mask and he smiles at us.

"My name is Habbakobu, I'm a nyudo-bozu."

My ears went back to the way they were when I heard his name and Aoi looked a bit surprised and confused at the same time when she looked at him. Habbakobu got off the stool he was sitting on before he gave us a gift.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, so I thought I'd say hi before leave."

"Oh..."

Aoi understood this and so did I. While Aoi was making some food for Habbakobu, Koga was sniffing him since he was being curious about him and I was fixing the strings on my guitar since they broke from my last street performance. 

"I'm sorry for stopping by unannounced."

"No problem, we're glad to see you. I thought nyudo-bozu would be bigger, though."

"Oh, those are actually us Tanuki transforming into humans, yep."

"Oh, I see."

Habbakobo smiled as he spoke up.

"Well, the bento I had this past week were all delicious. It was great that much I could munch on them while writing, yep."

"I'm glad you liked them."