Chapter 1

This is how I die, isn't it? My right arm was no good, the bastard had nearly torn it clean off. I weakly looked to the chimera beside me, I had shoved my dagger through it's eye so he would let go, but the damage was done. I was bleeding far too much and there was no one around to help me. The chimera had won this battle and my comrades were either dead, or were being slaughtered by the remanding chimera.

I thought about slipping into death. It seemed peaceful enough, this fighting was getting tiresome anyway. As the haze started to settle over me a figure loomed in the distance. It was low to the ground and hunched over. It carried a long staff that carried a silver thurible at the end. It went to the bodies of the chimera and stayed, like it was praying. As it got closer, I could see what it was.

'Of course it's her.... It's fate isn't it?' I thought. I remembered her. A few battles ago, I thought I had killed her. She was small and very short. She wore a deep orange leather tunic with a silver breast plate and silver wrist guards. Her legs were feline, sleek white fur traveled up her legs and stopped just before her tunic. A very fluffy white tail swished behind her as she stalked. White fur started at her elbows and traveled down her arms, covering her human like hand. Though her nails were claw like. White cat like ears peeked out of her blue hair. Then there were her wings. The feathers were as blue as the sky and her wings,like the rest of her, were small, though thy suited her.

Hey hazel eyes met my crimson ones and we stared at each other. I could see fear in them and, dare I say, pity. She pitied my dying state. She quietly came to me and looked down at me. I closed my eyes and sighed, I would wait for her to finish me off. That's what their kind did. If they found one of us alive they finished the job.

I waited, but the blow never came. Instead I felt a light pressure on my arm. I opened my eyes I see her tourniqueting the wound on my arm. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and opened my mouth to speak. She placed a finger gently on my lips. "Save your strength." She said quietly. Her voice was beautiful and her skin was soft, the fur didn't surround her fingers. Then she did something that took what little breath I had away.

She smiled.

That smile lit up the dark world I knew, and I could see all kinda of possibilities.

Her ear twitched and she looked up. She looked back down at me and smiled that earth shattering smile again before quickly dashing off. I watched her figure join a larger group. A tall figure pat her head and she swatted the hand away. I watched as they walked into the distance. My world started to go dark again as I heard boots stomping towards me.

HER P.O.V

I looked down at the black haired sephrim and even so close to death, I could tell he was beautiful. I should know how beautiful he was, I got to see him face to face as he killed me. Those sharp crimson eyes framed by piercings, his long black hair was loose this time instead of tied back. His Black armor was tattered and covered in his blood. This looked like Akiras work, but I already got him. The sephrim closed his eyes, as if he was accepting death.

'Just do it Levy. Just like he did to you.' But I couldn't make my hand grab my sword. It was right there at my hip. Just grab it. I sighed in frustration As I kneeled beside him and tore a piece of his shirt and made a tourniquet on his arm. I don't know why I didn't just let him die, but I couldnt. He looked up at me frowning and went to speak. I put a finger on his lips. "Save your strength." I said with a smile. His eyes widened as he stared at me.

I looked up as I heard boots crunching the dead earth and saw a group of sephrim approaching. I smiled at the dying angel below me before dashing back towards my group. I ran up to a tall panther chimera. He was mostly cat, only his white wings were different. He grinned and pat my head. "There you are Levy, what took so long?" I frowned and swatted his hand away. " Lily! I take my time, you know this!" He laughed and shook his head as we followed our comrades.

I risked a look back to the sephrim I left behind. The others had found him and one was carrying him off while others looked for more survivors. Something tugged in the pit of my stomach. Why couldn't I just kill him?