Chapter 5

Levy P.O.V

We laid entangled in each other's arms, our clothes made a pile beneath us. I was snuggled into his side with my head on his chest. His hand lightly traveled up and down my spine between my wings, causing me to purr lightly. His other hand was holding mine on his chest and my eyes were drawn to the black tally marks on them. Now that I looked, they were nearly black. His other hand was clean. "There's quiet a lot of them..." I whispered as I traced the lines on his fingers. He sighed a little.

"I didn't want any of them."He whispered back. "I'm tired of all the fighting, all the killing." He sighed. I nodded a little. "So am I." We were quiet for a while. I gently took his hand and kissed each finger,wishing I could take away all of his pain. "What's this?" He asked quietly while reaching for my necklace. "It's a wishbone. Iv had it for a long time," he fiddled with it a little. "Issa told me when I was little, that if you take it with someone and break it, making a wish, the one with the larger half their wish comes true." He chuckled a little. "Your full of stories huh?" I giggled. "I love stories and books." He shook his head laughing a little.

I sat up, removing the cord from my neck and holding the wishbone out to him. I held one prong with my pinky finger. "Come on, make a wish with me." He chuckled and sat up, wrapping his pinky around the other prong. We gently pulled and it snapped, giving me the larger half. 'I hope we can see each other again.' I wished.

"So what did you wish for?" He asked. I shook my head. "If I tell it won't come true." He grinned, chuckling. "Well I hope my wish comes true, even though this thing didn't work." he waved the small bone in his fingers. "And what was your wish?" "That we could see each other again." I smiled softly. "Well what about tonight?" I asked. He smiled and gently caressed my neck, making me purr again. "That sounds wonderful. I will wait here for you," he said quietly.

I slowly pulled my dress back on, taking my heels and mask in my hand. He stood, wearing only his pants, and caressed my face. I stretched up, planting a kiss softly on his lips. It was almost painful, pulling myself away from him as I flew away from the temple. The moons were nearly gone and the sun was starting to peek over the horizon. I snuck back into the city and into the barracks. I had barely gotten changed and into bed when Haveth came in to wake me up.

"So how was last night?" She asked as she sat on the edge of my bed. I almost panicked till I remembered I was supposed to be with Thiago. "Well after we danced a bit I came back here. Nothing happened." She groaned. "How could you not go with Thiago! He's so handsome, and he's so powerful."She sighed a little. I knew she had a crush on the Wolf, but he didn't even give her a second glance.

"I just don't think of him like that." She groaned. I rolled my eyes and got up, it was going to be a long day. I got up and re dressed, putting on my orange tunic with black pants and boots. I wrapped my tail so it wasn't fluffy and would stay clean. I flew quietly to Brimstones work shop. He simply set a tray of teeth and I started sorting. I suddenly sat up, not realizing I had fallen asleep. A blanket was draped on my shoulders and the tray was gone. Brimstone had moved to the other desk, leaving me to sleep.

I moved back to his desk. "Sorry." I mumbled. He shook his head a little and pointed to a bookshelf in the back. I knew the small bookshelf in the back. There was a cot back there that I slept on when I was little. I smiled a little and walked to the back. Issa had already pulled my old blanket back there and it was dark. I curled up on the small cot, with the blanket pulled over me and I quickly fell into a deep sleep.

Gajeel P.O.V

I had slept most of the day, and when I woke it was late evening. I cleaned myself in the small stream before I sat and waited for Levy. When the sun finally set, it wasn't long before she was floating in through the temple ceiling. I smiled and stood up, reaching my arms out to her. She smiled as she floated into my arms. My hands skimmed up the backs of her legs and I wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her softly and smiled.

"Welcome back." she giggled lightly. "I missed you." she said. She held a small picnic basket up to me. "Hungry?" I grinned and sat, still holding on to her. We ate in a peaceful silence. Once we were finished she laid with her head in my lap. "What's on your mind?" I asked as I twirled a piece of her blue hair. She sighed a little and grabbed my hand gently. "There was a war meeting today..." I tensed a little, before sighing.

"I'm so tired of it all." She sighed. I nodded a little. "I wonder... I wonder if there would be others like us... Others that want peace." she whispered. "If there were none would speak up." I said. "But what if they did? Can you imagine the world we could create if more wanted peace?" I shook my head a little, "Lev, what if the wolf found out huh? It would be the end of everything." I said a little.

She sat up still holding my hand and faced me. "Gajeel, a future of peace is worth fighting for. A future where we don't have to meet like this," She gestured around us. "Where we wouldn't have to hide. Isn't that something you've thought of?" I couldn't help but chuckle and lightly ruffle her hair. "You have such a passion for this. You really want this don't you?" She nodded and I smiled before pulling her close. "And it all starts with us, right?" She giggles and nods, kissing me softly. "That's right. We are the beginning of a new era. A new way for Eretz. Right here. Right now." She smiled and kissed me again but this time there was more passion. I smiled into the kiss as I pull her closer. I loved this wonderful blue haired girl.