Chapter 3

Gajeel P.O.V

It's been a month since the battle that nearly ended me. I was working my injured arm and taught myself to use a sword left handed as well. At night, I would practice my magic. There wasn't much but it said pain was used to create magic. With what little the book said, I was able to summon small birds, mostly hummingbird moths so far. Magic was very tiring but the pain in my shoulder gave me plenty of tithe. I was also learning to glamour myself, become invisible.

I still had a few days to practice till it was needed. Today I was sparing with Natsu, he was helping me with hand to hand. The pain tweeked in my shoulder as he grabbed my punch but I grabbed his arm and flung him over my head. He sprawled on the ground, his wings sending up sparks.

I grinned down at him as I wiped sweat from my face. "Nice try pinky." He grinned just before sweeping my feet out from beneath me, sending me sprawling on my back. "Ow." I groaned a little. Natsu laughed as we both laid sprawled on the ground. His laugh came so easy, even though our fighting life was bleak. Then there's Erza. The definition of soldier. Never smiling, always at the ready and Natsu always joked about how her poor hair was pulled back so tight, he wondered what it did to piss her off.

Natsu got up and held out his hand to me. I grabbed it with my good hand and stood up. He clapped my good shoulder and laughed. "Up for sparing with Erzy today?" I laughed. "Gihee, she catches you calling her that she's gonna kill you." He waved it off and laughed. "Come on let's just go get something to eat." "Food!" He shouted and I laughed again.

Levy P.O.V

"Levy!" No. I don't hear her. I looked up at the twin moons. The little sister,Ellai, was nearly full,while the older,Nitid, was hidding tonight. "Leeevvvyyyy!" I groaned. I hear nothing. A thud beside me made me sit up. Beside me was my sister by heart, not blood, Haveth. She had leathery bat wings and the head and legs of a jackal. She wore black armor similar to mine. "It's almost time for the ball, come on!" I snorted.

"I'm not going." It was her turn to snort as she pulled me up. "Come, Thiago will be waiting for you!" "That's exactly why I'm not going!" I pulled against her.

Thiago was the son of the Warlord, and instead of being brought back in his old body, he demanded a new one. He was known as the white wolf. He had a long mane of white hair that was always perfectly groomed, his hands were clawed and small tufts of fur covered the backs of his hands. His feet were large wolf paws and his legs were those of a wolf. He had his eyes on me as a mate for two reasons. I was of human aspect, like him with a human face. And I was pure. Both sexually, and I had not died I battle yet, though my near death had him keeping me in the city.

I couldn't stop her as she pulled me into a small house. Our friend, Cana, lived here and she was getting us ready for the warlords ball. She was animal aspect like Haveth, a fox. She wore a short gold dress and gold ribbons wrapped around her furred feet. "Come on come on! We are short on time!" She said.

I was twirled around as they dressed me in a deep midnight blue gown. Thin nearly invisible straps held the dress up. It cut dangerously low in the back, letting my wings spread and even let my tail swing free. I pulled it up a bit as I fidgeted. The dress also had a split clean up to my hip. They slipped special heels onto my paws, making me taller. Lastly, Haveth took a large powder puff and dusted it across my chest and neck. I frowned and sniffed. "Sugar powder!?" Sugar powder was used for women saying they were looking for a mate, and only one thing got it off.

I shuddered, imagining Thiago licking my neck and tried to dust it off. Haveth swatted my hands away and fixed my hair and rapped a diamond chain around my tail. "It's an honor to be chosen by Thiago, take advantage." She said. Her voice was dripping with jealousy but I ignored it. "Last thing." She handed me a mask that was shaped like a bird. The warlord had a strange sense of humor and, during the ball, we would be something we arnt. Those with human aspects wore animal masks, while others wore human masks. The music started outside and they pulled me out. To get to the actual party, you had to dance the serpentine path.

It would through the capital and you would dance through, with one partner, alone or switch partners down the way. Cana and Haveth spun into the fray, easily grabbing partners. I spun in, and people danced away from me. I sighed a little. Thiagos claim, others should not touch. I frowned as I spun and twirled around other people. A warmth came from behind me and as I turned, a very tall man spun with me as took my hand. He wore a horse mask and as I looked up, I met crimson eyes.

I tensed but yet my feet kept moving. 'A seraph!' I screamed in my head. And not just any, it had to be him! I glanced behind him, but I didn't see his wings, but I sure felt the heat from them. I cleared my throat a little. "Sir horse, why do you dance with me?" He chuckled a little. "Lady bird, you looked lonely. I couldn't see why. You look lovely tonight." I blushed a little and was happy or my mask.

"Sir horse, I am Thiagos claim. You would do best not to dance with me." His grip tightened on my waist but we kept spinning. "He doesn't deserve you." He grumbled and my face heated up more. "Well it's not like it's by choice." I whispered. He tilted his head to one side. "Then why go with him?" I was quiet as I thought it through. "No one disobeys the white wolf..." He was quiet. We reached the end and had to part. He disappeared into the crowd.

I looked around and locked eyes with Thiago. I tensed as he made his way to me. "Hello Levy." He said in a sickeningly sweet voice. I bowed a little. "Thiago." Music started and he held out his hand. "Dance with me. "It was a command, not a question. I hesitantly took his hand and I felt my skin crawl. We took our position, along with other pairs. I knew this dance. We did a set of steps and then switched partners. The music started and he spun me around. "You look wonderful tonight." he said.

His eyes traced my neck and across my chest and I felt horribly exposed and I wanted to cover myself. His hand trade up and caressed my face an I tried not to flinch. His claw traveled lightly down my neck and down to my dress straps, easily snapping several. I quickly put my hand up to keep the dress from falling. Thankfully we switched partners. I was enveloped in warmth as I tall figure took my waist. He wore a tigers mask but I smiled a little at the crimson eyes. "Hello Sir Tiger." "Good to see you again Lady Bird." His eyes landed on my broken dress snaps and his eyes narrowed. He glared in Thiagos direction before sighing a little.

"This should help." I raised an eyebrow when suddenly dozens of hummingbird moths flew towards me and covered me on a living shaw, covering me. I giggled as the tiny moths licked up the sugar on my neck and chest. He chuckled. "That's a lovely sound." He murmured and I blushed. "You know, you never told me what your doing here." He was silent. "I wanted to see you, Lady Bird." I was about to question him but he had to hand me back to the Wolf. I was quiet as we danced and I tried not to look at him. I couldn't find the seraph.

I was switched and I smiled as the warmth enveloped me once more."I see Sir Horse has returned." He chuckled. "Yes. I wish we could talk instead of dance. Not that I don't enjoy dancing with you." I have never blushed as often as I did tonight. I had to think. He wanted to talk with me, a man who nearly killed me. If he wanted to I'm sure he would have by now. But my curiosity was getting to me.

Suddenly the fireworks began to go off, and I made my decision. While the fireworks held everyone's attention, I took his hand and ran, keeping low to the ground as I headed towards the city gates.