Two - White Noise

There are things that tie you to everything - the hope of success ties you to a job, your parents tie you to school, but the most important tie is the small string that ties you to your soul mate. These strings are invisible but are still there and are essential to your experiences in life. You become your best self when you are with your soul mate. Fate ties you to another person and that string allows you both to communicate. The point is, they are an important part of you, they provide hope and happiness. They allow the person you are supposed to be with, be with you at any point.

Even if you never actually meet. 

"Some people never find the other end of their string. Some people find them and then the string breaks. You never know for sure what will happen. Your aunt found someone who wasn't her string and is completely fine with never knowing who was at the end of her string. It really is your own choice Marinette." Tom, her father, explained. "The point is, don't you ever get caught up trying to find out who is at the end of your string, find out their hobbies, talk to them as much as you please, but only when you know that they are definitely someone you will be comfortable with will you be able to actively meet up with them."

"What your father is trying to say is," Sabine added. "You wouldn't meet up with someone you barely knew after you spoke to them a couple of times online, so please be sensible and don't do the same with this person. You never know, the end of your string could be dangerous."

"I totally understand mama and papa." Marinette spoke up. "I wouldn't anyway, I am not ready to be bound to someone for the rest of my life... I'm 18 for christ sake!" 

"That's my girl," Tom chuckled bringing his daughter into a hug, Marinette hugged her father back smiling. 

"Right, I'm off, I have a party to get to," Marinette smiled excited for the night she had planned with her best friend. 

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Sabine warned as Marinette waved to her parent's leaving the living room and stopping in the hallway to check herself over in the mirror. She has her hair in two messy buns, she fixed her black tied choker that was around her neck and pulled on her white striped burgundy shirt that was tucked into her floral jeans. She slipped on her black Vans and grabbed her back from near the door as she went downstairs and left the bakery. 

Alya was stood outside waiting for her. 

"What took you so long?" Alya asked as she looked up from her phone.

"Sorry, mama and papa have been very protective after I told them about the strings..." Marinette explained. 

"Well I don't want to worry your pretty little head about it for the rest of the night, we are going to have some fun. You hear me Dupain-Cheng?"

"Loud and clear Césaire." Marinette straightened up and saluted her friend who laughed before pulling the blue haired girl along to walk across the street. 

"Come on loser, we're going."

**||**

They walked together to a well-known dessert place, walking in they found the rest of their classmates talking, laughing, and a few playing video games in the lounge. The place was just before the town centre and most of their class would meet on a Friday night to unwind from school here. Marinette ordered her signature Skittles shake with extra cream and sat down with on a sofa with Alya and a girl called Rose from her class. 

Rose was petite and had a blonde pixie cut which matched her sweet and cheerful personality. 

"Hey guys, have you seen the new jukebox replacement? They got it last week!" Rose asked pointing over into the corner of the room where Alya was talking to another class mate. Behind them there was a table with an iPad connected to a machine. "You put in £1 and you can choose 5 songs to play and they are added to a queue. We've been choosing songs all night!" 

"Hey that's pretty cool, have you chosen a few songs?" Mari asked.

"Of course! Everybody has been trying to guess who has put on a song and it's quite funny really, Nino didn't realise that we were guessing who played the song and when it came to Beyonce he became bright red as everyone denied putting the song on and it turned out to be him," the both of them giggled.

"Please don't tell me it was 'I I were a boy'," Marinette bit her lip to try not to laugh.

"No worst... It was 'Run the world (Girls)'," They burst out laughing.

"I bet everyone was in hysterics,"

"Not as bad as Rose putting on Michael Buble" Nino said from behind the girls giving Rose a joke-like face.

"Michael Buble is a beautiful man with a beautiful voice!" Rose explained which cause Marinette to laugh again, covering her mouth with her hand to try to stifle it. 

"Why don't we put on some real music guys, this is supposed to be a night out!" Alya shouted from the jukebox and on cue Disclosure 'White Noise' came on . 

"Oh my god I haven't heard this in ages!" Marinette stands up going over to Alya to dance. 

"Giiiiirl! Do you remember the last school dance when this came on and I just couldn't control myself and I tried to make Mr. Damocles dance with me!" Ayla giggled with Marinette as they kept dancing. After a few songs, the two went back to their shakes. 

"Let me guess... Skittles." Marinette jumped out her skin as she turned around to the voice who scared the living daylight out of her. She soon blushed and straightened out her clothes when she saw the blonde hair boy in front of her with green eyes.

"Y-yeah..." She cursed herself for stuttering her words and took a deep breath whilst saving face. "How'd yo-you know?"

"Because you always copy me..." He said holding up his own Skittles shake smiling.