Fifteen - Bad Day

"One more step my lady," Adrien whispers as he leads Marinette up the stairs of her house, she was quite drunk and Adrien had insisted on making sure she got to bed safely, without waking up her parents. She still managed to trip up the stairs but Adrien caught her before she fell up the stairs. "You know, only a genius can fall up the stairs." Marinette laughed and Adrien shushed her holding her hand to take her to her bedroom. He was hoping he didn't get caught by Sabine or Tom as he didn't think they would appreciate a young lad bringing home their drunken daughter, leading her to her room - he didn't like the impression that would leave.

"Come oooon!" Marinette spoke louder than Adrien anticipated and he cringed.

"Marinette," He whispered trying to make it obvious that she should be whispering too. "It's late, come on to bed - you do know it's a school night right? You're going to be sleepy tomorrow if you don't go to bed now..." Adrien tried to explain to the blue haired girl, she giggled before falling on her bed.

"Are you sleeping with me tonight?" She asked with an innocent look on her face as she fluttered her eyelashes.

"Not tonight beautiful, Natalie is waiting to take me home outside..." He spoke softly as he brushed her hair out of her face, he leant down and put a gentle kiss in her forehead which made Marinette melt, she was so absorbed in his presence that she didn't realise he was pulling her bedsheets over her.

"Then why did you bring me to my bed?" Marinette said almost as if her point was obvious. Adrien smiled at her shaking his head.

"I bought you here so you could come home safely and, sleep, also so you wouldn't wake up your parents." He explained before getting back up. "Goodnight Princess."

Marinette did not reply as she sunk into her sheets humming softly as she closed her eyes. Adrien turned off her light and shut her door slowly trying not to make any noise. He quietly left her house and locked the front door, pushing the key through the letterbox to make sure the door was locked and the key was safe. He walked back to the car where a frustrated Natalie was waiting, she took Adrien home as soon as he got into the front passenger seat.

**||**

"How are you feeling this morning?" Adrien smirked as he sat next to Marinette in class who's head was on the table.

"Not good." Marinette groaned, she didn't even lift her head to speak she mumbled into the table which was barely audible to Adrien.

"Good job I've bought you something that might help..." Adrien told her as he reached into his bag, Marinette turned her head to she could see what he meant and he pulled out a carton of iced coffee from his bag as well as a paper bag with a bacon sandwich in it. "It has brown sauce on it," He said in a higher voice trying to tempt her as he knew she loved brown sauce on her breakfast sandwiches. She lifted her head and smiled at Adrien.

"You are amazing, did you know that? Thank you..." Marinette told him and kissed his cheek as Adrien pushed the food over to Marinette's side of the table.

"I know, I know, I'm great," He teased, he sat there contently as Marinette ate. Soon after Marinette finished, class started and Marinette really couldn't be bothered so she sat doodling on her arm which Adrien would occasionally look down at his own arm to see what it was she was doodling, it was mostly things to do with space: stars, planets, the sun, the moon. This all gave Adrien the perfect idea for tomorrow night's date. He smiled to himself and pretended not to look at the rest of his girlfriend's doodles for the rest of class.

"Are we still on for tomorrow night?" Adrien asked Marinette after class, he was carrying her books to her locker for her.

"Yeah of course! I can't wait," Marinette admitted with a slight blush.

"Great, I'll pick you up from yours yeah?" Marinette agreed with him and the two of them reached Marinette's locker. She opened it and Adrien put her book in it, she smiled at him and thanked him.

"Adrien!" A loud shrill came from down the hallway and Adrien sighed turning to the direction the voice was coming from. "Adrikins! What is this I hear about you going out with the hungry caterpillar?" Chloe spoke cruelly and Marinette put her head down knowing this wasn't going to be a good day. Adrien saw the liveliness deflate from Marinette and he knew that this was still a sore subject for her.

"Chloe..." Adrien said with a sigh, Chloe was up close to him now she flicked her hair off of her shoulder and smiled at him, completely ignoring Marinette. "I can't talk about Marinette like that, she has never done anything to spite you, nothing to hurt you, so why must you go around hating on her at any chance you could get? I thought we were supposed to be friends at one point but your forcing me to push away because you are hurting my soulmate."

"Y-your soulmate?" Chloe said in a small voice.

"Yes, Marinette's my soulmate and if you treat her like crap I will stop talking to you and I wouldn't look back." Adrien crossed his arms to show his thoughts were final on the topic.

"Adrien... W-what are you talking about? I'm your soulmate." Chloe said as if it was obvious. Adrien flipped it.

"Chloe! We have been friends for a fucking long time but you're hurting Marinette and I can't have that. We have never been soul mates and never will. The end of my string is Marinette and if you can't accept that-"

"Stop!" Chloe interrupted with her eyes filled with tears. She pulled out her marker and wrote Adrien on her arm, he grabbed Adrien's arm with force and looked down at it. Nothing was there. Her yellow writing no where to be seen on Adrien's arm. "I-It's not really you..." She pushed Adrien's arm away and wiped her arm tears falling from her eyes as she ran down the hallway, leaving the school building.

"She genuinely thought you were her soul mate." Sabrina said slowly to a clueless Adrien. "I did too. Whoever her soul mate is, is faking to be you." She said in an awkward manner before looking to where Chloe had ran, "I better go find her." Sabrina ran off in hopes to find her best friend.

Adrien turned to Marinette who had been silent through the whole thing. "S-she hated me because she knew I-I have had a crush on you for ages... Then she found out we are together and she-"

"She knew she'd been tricked into believing I was her soulmate..." Adrien sighed and then realised what Marinette said. "How long have you had a crush on me?"

"Um..." Marinette turned bright red and shrugged blowing off what Adrien was asking. "I think we should both talk to Chloe..."

"Not now though, the time will come." Adrien told Marinette he shut Marinette's locker for her and took her soft hand into his.