Twenty Three - I'm Still Standing

"I've decided to forgive her..."

"What!" Alya spit out her water on the grass, Marinette looked around the field making sure none of the other people in the school saw Alya do that and shushed her friend.

"Sh, I forgive her. It's simple. How can we all move on from it without me forgiving her?" Marinette said in a confident voice. "And to celebrate, I am going to ask Chloe to come to cookie shake later."

"Oh god, next you're gonna be asking Lila!" Alya exclaimed.

"Good idea." Marinette said opening a lollipop, putting it in her mouth and then pulling it out. "I'll ask Lila too."

"Wait. Marinette. She trolled you on facebook for ages!"

"Yes Alya. But that was a while ago now. Three years to be exact, and I think it's time to tie all lose ends. Forgive and forget." Marinette smiled pulling out her phone.

"What loco juice did you have at Adrien's house last night! You're talking crazy!" Alya shouted and this time other people from school were staring at her. Marinette shushed her again before continuing.

"Let's face it, they both had thier reasons, the only reason people bully you is because they are upset with thier own lives, you never know what people are going through and once everything is said and done, it's time to wave the flag."

"Well, good luck with those two... If you get beat up or wedgied I'm not coming to the rescue..."

"Alya, you're coming with me." Marinette stated.

"What!?" Alya moaned. "No way, never. I am not going." Alya crossed her arms in protest.

"Yes you are, because you have had my back for so long that you have a grudge against people that you don't know." Marinette explained and Alya sighed.

"Okay, but I will not be helping you out of any mess you create this time." Alya decided. Marinette smiled and went onto her phone to message Chloe and Lila, asking them both to meet her for at cookie shake after school.

"You're the best Alya! Now, finish your cookie before I eat it." Marinette smirked.

"Sorry mum!" Alya scoffed, picking up her cookie and eating it.

**II**

"I'm meeting Alya, Chloe and Lila after school..." Marinette told Adrien, who was putting his books in his locker. He dropped the books and looked over at Marinette who was waiting for a reply.

"Are you sure you're okay with that?" Adrien replied. "I mean, you were wondering whether to forgive Chloe and I've never even seen you speak to Lila before."

"Yeah, I know, Lila and I haven't been on good terms for a while and I just want to bury some hatches, I don't want drama, I want peace, this is our last year of school and I want to leave on a good note.

"Okay, that's good, at least Alya will be with you, would be nice to see evryone get along better," Adrien agreed, he shut his locker and smiled at Marinette before grabbing her hand, he brought it up to his face and pressed his lips on the outer part of her hand. "You're a strong woman Marinette, not everybody would do this." Marinette smiled back with a little pink blush across her cheeks.

**II**

"Can't belive I was dragged into this..." Alya sighed. "I came for the skittles shake!"

"Well, they are the best shakes in Paris! Who wouldn't come?" Marinette joked picking up her shake off the counter and sitting in a booth with Alya, who sat on the same side as Marinette. After a few moments of sitting there, the bell on the door rang indicating someone had walked in, olive green eyes almost covered by long hip-length chestnut brown hair, they looked around the bar only to find what they were looking for. She walked towards the counter asking for a drink before coming over to the booth Marinette and Alya were sat at.

"Hey girls..." Lila spoke in a soft voice.

"Hey Lila, thank you for coming..." Marinette gestured for her to join them on the table and Lila did, sitting adjacent to the pair.

"Thank you for asking me to come, I really feel as though I should reiterate my apology, I know we haven't spoke in a while... It's my fault we don't speak at all but, it just goes to show, time heals wounds." Lila said shamefully.

"Let's move on from the past, we're here today for the present and the future." Marinette smiled.

"Well, cheers to that," Lila grinned taking a sip of her drink. Then a shadow loomed over the three of them, they looked up to see sunshine blonde hair and lip gloss.

"Marinette..."

"I forgive you Chloe," Marinette spoke softly, and a small gentle smile came onto Chloe's face as she sat down with her drink next to Lila. "I bought us all here together to forgive and forget."

"Agreed!" Alya states backing up her best friend. After a few ice breakers, the conversations started to flow much more easier, the girls seemed much more at ease with each other.

"So," Alya started. "This is an ultimatum when it comes to friendship..." She paused for dramtic effect. "What is the best flavoured shake from this store?"

"Oh, it has to be the Skittles shake!" Chloe annouced and Lila nodded agreeing.

"Yeah definitely, you don't know what you're missing if you haven't had one." Lila exclaimed.

"Well..." Marinette said picking up her shake. "That's what we always have!" Marinette giggled and so did the rest of the girls. It was a special moment, bonding over shakes in the shake store, four girls that were unlikely friends, finding a way to make it through no matter the past between them all. It showed that anything is possible if they wanted it good enough.

"I must say, this was a great idea, I'm so glad we all got to talk like this, I know there's a lot to do, but this seems like a start to a good friendship." Chloe announced. "After a really shitty time with men and school, it's nice to know I've accomplished something through all this."

"I agree, I proper needed this," Lila spoke. "To new-found friendship!" She held up her cup and so did the rest of the girls cheering to turning over a new leaf. Marinette looked around at the girls around her and smiled, all in a days work, she had had a good start to the week with sorting out the fashion show and mending her friendships, in the back of her mind she couldn't help but feel like this week would be pivotal to the rest of her life. She felt optimistic with the way things were going.