Twenty Nine - This Is Me

Marinette paced around Adrien's bedroom. She thought about how to go about the prediciment they faced. She needed to tell her parents, but after everything that's been said and done, her parents told her not to contact the end of her string, they wante her to be happy without Adrien, they wanted her to thrive and become herself before she found her fate. It had only been two months since they had that conversation with Marinette, but Marinette felt it was a whole lifetime ago. So much had happened since then, she had expeienced so much joy, sadness, passion, pain, love and hatred. She had changed as a person and she had grown, she wondered if her parents even knew much about her life anymore, she used to be an open book, she told her parents everything that happened in her life. She knew there wasn't secrets, there was just moments that no one needs to know about since they didn't affect them personally. She wouldn't hide anything that would affect them. She only wanted to see what came of a situation and undersatdn it well enough before consulting her parents.

"You okay, Marinette?" Adrien stopped her thoughts, she stopped in her tracks and looked at him, sitting on the bed watching her.

"I don't know what to say..." Marinette sighed. "What did you say to your father?"

"Let's see.." Adrien recalled as he budged himself closer to the edge the bed. "I told him that I had found my string and that you needed help, I didn't really have a choice but to blurt it out since we were in dangerous territory my priority was helping you, not telling my father - it wouldn't have made sense if I'd just told him you were in trouble, he would just say I shouldn't get into other peoples business. But because it was you, knowing what you are to me, I knew he'd help and have to ask the questions at a later date."

"You had it easy..." Marinette sighed. "My parents will have so many questions. I think... I should go home alone and talk to them. I think that will be the best way as they won't ask questions if you're there and I want to be honest with them."

"Whatever you want Mari, it's what you think would be best, they're your parents after all," Adrien explained. Marinette sighed and sat next to Adrien, he took her hand running her knuckles with his thumb. "Don't worry, they'll still love you..."

**||**

Marinette waited until 4:00PM to go home and tell her parents, being small business owners, they poured thier hearts and souls into thier bakery, they worked hard everyday, weekends were especially busy due to most people being off from work and school. Adrien had his driver take her home, she was going to walk but he insisted that she allowed someone to drive her home.

Marinette took a deep breath before walking through her front door, her parents were preparing dinner in the kitchen, she walked through to them.

"Marinette! We are so proud of you! Have you seen the magazines? We saved them for you! They all loved you!" Tom exclaimed as soon as he saw her, he picked up the magazines from the kitchen table and handed them to her. "You were amazing on the stage we-"

"Tom we already told her yesterday," Sabine giggled, standing next to him, looking to Marinette

"I know Sabine but, I just can't believe it, she worked so hard and it all paid off!" Tom smiled.

"Thanks papa," Marinette smiled, she placed the magazines down and hugged both of her parents. "I love you both."

"We love you too Marinette," Sabine said as they seperated from thier embrace. "And you're just in tome, dinner's almost ready, did you have a good time at Alya's?"

"Y-yeah..." Marinette sat down at the table, "Just had a lazy day really."

"Bet it was nice, after the busy day you had yesterday, what did Alya think to your designs?" Sabine asked.

"She was just as proud as you guys... I have never showed her my designs so she had never knew how serious I was about being a fashion designer, so she was shocked I think," Marinette giggled. Sabine and Tom both came over to the table, Tom put a plate in front of Marinette before sitting down himself and getting ready to tuck in.

"Looks lovely guys," Marinette chirped as she dug in, she planned to tell them after she ate, since she really felt as though she could do with some home comfort to settle her stomach, there was small talk at the table, Tom making dad jokes making the girls laugh and sometimes roll thier eyes to how silly Tom could be. Marinette almost felt bad, she felt like her confession would ruin the peace, somehow making thier warm little home, empty. She hoped they were supportive, but a tiny shiver down her spine made her feel as though they wouldn't take the news lightly. Everyone had just about to finish when Marinette collected her thoughts before speaking.

"Mama, papa, I have something I need to tell you." She started.

"Everything okay sweetie?" Tom asked, and Sabine put down her fork to look over to Marinette.

"I'm okay, there is nothing wrong don't worry," Marinette tried. "I just have something to tell you guys."

"We're all ears Marinette, go ahead," Sabine reassured.

"I... Well I don't really know how the right way to tell you, but so I will just get it out. I know you guys wanted me to wait, and I don't know how you will take this information because of that but, the thing is, I have found my soulmate. I know who the end of my string is." She announced. She looked up at her parents wide eyed, they sat there looking back at her with blank expressions on thier faces, they exchanged a glance before looking back to Marinette, before they could say anything she continues, "I-I didn't intentionally find them. It just sort of happened. I was doing as you guys had told me to. I wasn't actively searching. I wasn't going against what you said. I just... We kind of just knew..." Marinette could feel the silence in the room, like her parents were waiting for her to continue but she didn't know what else to say.

"Well..." Sabine started, "Who is it Marinette? Do we know them?"

"Actually, yeah, yeah you probably know him. I-It's Adrien... Adrien Agreste..."

"ADRIEN!?" Tom exclaimed, Sabine nudged him and Tom blinked a few times clearing his throat before saying slowly. "As in Gabriel's son?"

"Yes."

"The boy in who goes to school with you? The model whose father is a fashion designer? The boy you were stood on stage with yesterday? That Adrien?" Tom asked.

"Yeah... That Adrien..." Marinette answered with a bright blush raising to her cheeks.

"Honey that is wonderful," Sabine exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"Really?" Marinette spoke with a hint of confusion, she didn't think her mother would say that. "You're not mad?"

"Of course not," Sabine giggled. "It may be a little bit of a shock that you found the end of your string so early in life, but we're not mad... We have spoke to Adrien, we know his father, Gabriel, he's a good customer at our bakery, your father went to school with him." Marinette looked to her father, wodnering what he was thinking.

"Are you dating?" Tom asked.

"Yeah..." Marinette admitted. "We have been dating for about a month now... I-I wasn't hiding it from you. I just wanted to be sure I was making the right decision... I wanted to understand what was happening before telling you guys."

"Marinette, yesterday when we saw you on the stage, when we saw your designs walking up and down the catwalk, seeing all the photographers taking pictures, seeing how impressed everyone was with your work, your mama and I discussed how you have grown up, you have matured into a strong independant woman, one we are immensively proud of, you have showed Paris- heck the whole world what you are capable of... You have proven you are very capable of making your own decisions, we don't have to do that for you anymore, we know that. As long as you are happy with your decision, we will support you." Tom stated, He reached over to the table and grabbed his daughter's hand, he smiled as her eyes met his, and he repeated, "We will support you."

"Thank you Papa..." Marinette spoke gently, a large smile on her face.

"But," Sabine said very sternly, before smiling, "We want to meet him." Sabine winked at Tom. "We want to invite him for dinner next weekend."

"Sure Mama, I'll invite him."