Twelve - Take Care

"So do you wanna come to the cinema with me tonight?" Chloe flicked her long blonde hair behind her and looked down to Adrien who was sitting in his usual seat in class whilst Chloe sat on his table with her legs crossed. Adrien had came early, excited to see Marinette but had become trapped with Chloe. "You can pick what we watch..." Before Adrien could reply with a polite "no" Marinette came and sat down next to Adrien, she was obviously avoiding Chloe, she wouldn't even look at her even though she sat right in front of Marinette.

"Ugh," Chloe grimaced at Marinette. "Adrikins I feel sorry for you, having to sit next to what your cat would have thrown up for dinner last night."

"Chloe." Adrien spoke trying to keep his cool, he had known Chloe all his life but lately she's turned into such a rude, inconsiderate person who looks down on anybody that isn't herself or who she considers her best friends.

"What?" Chloe held her hand up as if she had been caught doing something. "You can't deny the truth." She said inspecting her freshly manicured nails.

"The truth is that you are mean to Marinette for no reason!" Adrien's voice was getting a louder as he got even more annoyed.

"Adrikins-"

"No! Don't keep calling me that!" Adrien stood up abruptly and Marinette became concerned by Adrien's actions and watched him closely.

"Oh please..." Chloe growled as she stood up too. "You can't be serious! She's a cow and you know it! You only sit next to her so you can copy her paper on tests! Look at her she-"

"ENOUGH!" Marinette stood and slammed her hand on the desk, she had red eyes, they were ready to burst into tears and before she did she stormed out of the classroom.

"All you do is hurt people, how can I be friends with someone who actively bullies a girl who you've never even tried to speak to, did you ever stop to think about how that made her feel?" Adrien picked up his things and Marinette's that she left when she walked away and left the classroom to find her. After looking around hallways and in classrooms for some time he went to the boy's toilets and pulled out his marker.

Where are you? He wrote on his arm, hoping Marinette would answer. He just wants to make sure she is okay. He sighed when he didn't get a reply after a couple of minutes, he left the toilets only to have a thought spark into his head. One that anyone would kill him over but he didn't care he needed to know if Marinette was okay. He marched up to the ladies toilet with a chest full of courage and opened the door, he saw that there were no girls upon approaching but a stall that was locked, he could hear muffled cries and decided that it was Marinette in here. Adrien locked the toilets' entrance, so no one would see that he was in the girl's bathroom. He stayed quite to see if he could slightly hear the sound of her voice - he needed to know for sure it was Marinette before he went into the cubicle.

The cries stopped suddenly, he could hear shuffling and Adrien was about to ask Marinette if she was okay when all he could hear was dry heaving. He furrowed his eyebrows, she couldn't have been crying that hard to make herself retch could she? He thought as then pulled the lock open from the outside by turning the little nib that rotated when locking the door. He found Marinette on her knees, head pointing directly into the toilet, and Marinette with her index and middle finger in her mouth, creating the dry heaving sound by pushing her fingers into her mouth.

"M-Marinette?" Adrien didn't know what to say as he stood there like a statue staring down at Marinette who jumped to the sound of Adrien and quickly pulled her fingers out of her mouth and threw herself away from the toilet. But when she saw Adrien she knew it was too late. Her eyes were puffy, her lips swollen, her throat burned and her cheeks tear stained. She slumped looking away from her soul mate. She couldn't stand to see the look on his face she was sat on her legs staring down at her hands which were gently folded on her lap. She was waiting for Adrien to just storm out but what actually happened shocked her.

Adrien pulled him out of his frozen state and put the bags he was holding down. He got on his knees himself and pulled Marinette into his chest. He didn't say anything but Marinette broke down, crying into his chest.

"I-I'm sorry..." Marinette managed to say quietly. Adrien shook his head and held Marinette tighter.

"Why would you do that to yourself Marinette?" Adrien spoke in a soft voice.

"I..." The bell rang for class and they both ignored it as Marinette couldn't tell him.

"This isn't the first time is it?" Adrien asked and ashamed Marinette shook her head as Adrien pulled away to look at her. "Why..." He tried again, grabbing a hold of her hand to try to make hr feel more comfortable, Marinette sighed looking down at his hand. There she was sat in front of the end of her string and she just showed him something that she thought no one in the world would ever find out. She felt ashamed and disgusted in herself. She doesn't particularly know why she does it when she comes to think about it. All she knows is that it is a purge of all her negative emotions and it does make her feel better. She didn't know what to tell Adrien.

"If you're not going to tell me Marinette, I can't help you..." Adrien prompted and Marinette looked back to Adrien's face.

"It helps..." Marinette admitted. "I do it for my own good."

"How is it good for you Marinette?" Adrien asked catching her eye contact and trying to keep it. "How can it be good for your body? Your stomach, your throat? It's unnatural to make yourself sick... It is a unhealthy way of thinking."

She knew he was right and hated herself at this moment. She looked back down not wanting to see the looks Adrien was giving her.

"I don't know how to stop..." She said in a small voice.

"Tell me, what made you first do it?" He asked.

"Chloe called me fat, I don't want to be fat I-"

"Woah, woah, what have I said to you before?" He lifted her chin so she was looking at him again. "You are beautiful Marinette, I haven't been this happy or comfortable with any other girl you know... I- you are my soul mate. You're perfect."

Adrien scooted closer to Marinette and hugged her, she hugged back feeling safe in his hold.

"You have to promise me something." Adrien announced.

"What?"

"Promise me, on our string, that you won't ever do this again." She looked up at Adrien who was completely serious in his face.

"I-... I will try-"

"No, Marinette, you won't do it at all, if you feel at any point day or night like you have to do that again then I want you to message me and I'll be right by your side. I will help you out. I'll take care of you."