Four - Cola

Marinette groaned as she slowly woke up, her head was pounding and she felt discombobulated. She sat up and stretched, wanting only to have a shower. She got out of bed, going towards the bathroom where she turned on the shower and peeled her clothes off.

As she got in she closed her eyes and sighed in content. Upon opening her eyes however, she screamed and then lost her footing causing her to slip and hit her head on the tiles of the bathroom as well as landing flat on her ass. She didn't move for a few moments, having just had the shock of her life and falling over in the shower at the same time was overwhelming for her.

She pulled up her left arm slowly, and found a green glow of writing there. And that's when the night before came back to her. Truth, dare, shots, Alya, Nino, Adrien, Chloe, kissing, bed, stupid decision...

I thought you'd never try to contact me, hey.

She stared at the writing for ages before letting her fingers scroll over the words, which made them fade away. She sighed standing back up carefully from the shower. 

"So it begins..." She mumbled before going back to her shower, being deep in thought. 

When Mari got out the shower she went over to her room and sat at her dresser she groaned and she found a lump on her cheek where she had fell in the shower, it was red and looked as though it would only go darker. She got dressed and put her hair in her normal pigtails tying them up with ribbons. She then went downstairs to her parent's who were eating breakfast, Marinette joined them with a "good morning".

"What happened?" Tom asked, he noticed his daughters cheek immediately.

"I... I fell in the shower like an clutz" Marinette said reaching to touch her cheek. "Is it that noticeable papa?" 

"I'm your father I notice everything dear," Tom smiled and carried on with his breakfast.

Marinette went to her room in her room after breakfast, when she decided she would have to reply to the end of her string. She pulled out her red marker and sat on her bed thinking about what she would say.

I didn't know if I should speak to you... I'm still wondering what it means to be tied to a person. I don't know how to feel about being connected to a stranger.

She knew it didn't sound very good but she honestly didn't know word how she felt about the string of fate. 

It can mean anything you want it to mean. It's an opportunity. Was their reply. When it appeared on her arm she could feel tingles erupt underneath her skin.

What do you mean? She asked.

Everyone is gifted with an opportunity, take it as you please but being tied together can mean nothing or it can mean everything. We have to decide that ourselves. 

Marinette wiped her arm as she thought about what her tie had just said. She put down her marker as she began to think that her tie was right. "Why should I worry about something that happens to everybody? Live one step at a time." Marinette thought to herself. 

With that, she called her best friend.

"Hey Mari! Want to come to the movies? We are going there at 12 and im not even waiting for an answer because I know you're coming." Alya told her and before Marinette could even say hello, Alya put the phone down. 

"Looks like I have plans..." Marinette chuckled to herself.

**||**

Marinette was waiting at the cinema entrance waiting for Alya when Adrien came up to her.