Chapter 15

When he woke, the first thing Fu Qin saw was the large, round moon.

‘Am I… dead? Hell has moonlight as well?’

“Stop dreaming. You’re not dead.” A melodious voice spoke up from the side, causing Fu Qin’s mind to clear up.

He supported himself and sat up. Across from him sat a young woman, her back facing the majestic moon. The moonlight gave her an aloof aura while shedding a thin layer of light on her features, making them look as ethereal and exquisite as a figure in a dream.

It was as if… this was what she ought to be like. One with the brilliant moon and clear breeze, and as aloof as an immortal.

But her words caused chills to run up one’s spine; the callousness and ridicule in her tone caused that image to come crashing down. She was more like a bold and arrogant demon of malevolence who did as she wished and could end your life at any time.

“Do you want to have another taste?” Shi Sheng bent over to meet Fu Qin’s gaze and spoke deliberately, “Death isn’t scary. What’s scary is… I won’t let you have it.”

Fu Qin stared at her in silence.

“Do you know what the most painful thing in the world is?” Shi Sheng sat up straight. Fu Qin shook his head.

“It’s when you’re so close to death, yet can never reach it. When you’re forced to keep forging on in a world grown over by thorns, unable to rest even when your body is covered in wounds. When you have to live, unable to control your own life.” Shi Sheng’s voice was a bit distant.

“You said you’ve sought death many times but never succeeded once. Ask yourself: Do you really want to die? When one truly wishes to die, no one can stop them.”

Shi Sheng turned, revealing the sinister smile on her face. “If you want to die, I can help you out. If you jump from here, I guarantee you’ll be as dead as you can be. Don’t worry, no one will know you died here.”

“You really are… utterly fearless.” Fu Qin wracked his brains to find a phrase that fit.

“Quit wasting time. Since I dare to be so fearless, I naturally have the ability to back it up.” Shi Sheng violently spoke these unbridled words.

To her, it was just a mission in a game. Even if she died, it wouldn’t impact her in any way. And as for System’s so-called “termination”…

‘Let’s see if it has the ability to.’

Fu Qin had probably never met such an arrogantly wild person. ‘How can she be so fearless? Doesn’t she know that pride comes before the fall? This isn’t just arrogance anymore—it’s conceit!’

Our “conceited” Shi Sheng was currently pondering whether or not to kick this fellow off again. He had pissed her off quite a bit before.

Fu Qin spoke. “I want to go back.”

“You don’t want to die anymore?”

“I don’t want to die… like this.”

He didn’t want to die in such a deserted area.

Shi Sheng frowned slightly. ‘Don’t want to die like this? Then how DO you want to die?’

Shi Sheng went through all the different methods of dying she knew in her head, her imagination bringing up all sorts of bloody images. The result made her do something impulsive: she kicked Fu Qin off again.

‘Your great grandpa! So fussy even when it comes to dying!’

Fu Qin once again got to experience the sensation of free falling. It wasn’t as bad as before; when the sword caught him, he didn’t faint like before.