Chapter 21

“What are you people loitering around here for?” Uncle Jian looked at the group of bodyguards standing outside the room with a puzzled expression. “Who’s going to take responsibility if anything happens to the Young Master?”

“Ms Bei is inside.” One of the bodyguards spoke weakly.

“Her?! Then that’s even more the reason you guys should be inside! Why aren’t you guarding the Young Master from her?!” Uncle Jian made to push open the door.

The bodyguards hurriedly stopped Uncle Jian and got him to check through the glass window instead—they definitely didn’t want those two to be disturbed right now! At most, the Young Master would only refuse to speak when angered but that woman would not hesitate in using force!

Inside the ward was a young woman leaning against the head of the sole bed with a quiet and peaceful expression. The young man’s arms were around her waist, his head lying on her chest.

That scene had an unexpected beauty to it.

“What’s going on?!” Uncle Jian couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“After the Young Master took his medicine just now, Ms Bei didn’t leave so the Young Master grabbed onto her and refused to let go.” The bodyguards started clamouring for the chance to tell him.

Uncle Jian’s expression changed a few times before he sighed.

“Uncle Jian, do you think Ms Bei will be able to make the Young Master better?” One of the bodyguards carefully spoke.

The old man shook his head, his expression full of worry. “The doctor has already said that medication can only help the Young Master’s body hold out for half a year at the very best; her getting him to take his medicine regularly won’t change anything. If only the Young Master would accept treatment from abroad… This matter…” Uncle Jian could only sigh.

“I always have this feeling that Ms Bei isn’t a normal person.”

The other bodyguards rolled their eyes at him. ‘Like we needed you to say that. She’s the young miss of the Bei Family; does that sound like a normal person to you?’

“I don’t mean it that way.” The man scratched his head. “I heard Ms Bei talking on the phone before, saying something about shares and investments.”

“This is quite normal for kids from rich families. Don’t they want them to get some experience?”

The bodyguards started discussing.

“But Ms Bei isn’t that loved in the Bei Family. Even if she has some spare pocket money, she might be able to get shares, but investments, on the other hand…”

“Go investigate the assets under her name.” Uncle Jian spoke.

“Uncle Jian, we’ve already done that; she doesn’t own much.”

“She’s not 18 yet, right? I wager she’d have placed them under someone else’s name.”

“That makes sense. I’ll go check the people she’s closer to.”

“Don’t go overboard. That little lady isn’t easy to deal with.”

“I know, I know. We were just curious.” The bodyguards nodded at Uncle Jian’s reminder. They already knew that they should not get found out by the person they were probing.
……

When Fu Qin woke up, he found himself hugging a certain someone. He lifted his head slightly only to see a smooth, exquisite chin.

The young woman beside him appeared to be in a deep slumber; her breath was so shallow, it was nearly impossible to make out.