Chapter 25

As expected, it wasn’t easy to invite Shi Sheng. At first they had tried to send her formal invitations, but she completely ignored them.

They then attempted to invite her informally, only to be rejected once again, and with ridiculous reasons, to boot.

For example, “I got my period today. Not happy. Not going.”

Or, “Fu Qin wants to eat crab-apple flower cakes. I(bbb) have to go get them for him ASAP. Not available.”

Or even better, “People made trouble for me today. Not happy, not going.”

It really made these people think on the inside, ‘Be reasonable! So other people made trouble for you; what does that have to do with us?!’

After Shi Sheng’s seventh rejection, Fu Rao finally had enough of it. He ordered people over to the academy to snatch up Shi Sheng the moment she left the gates.

……

Shi Sheng ended up face to face with Fu Rao. ‘This fellow is Fu Qin’s dad? They look nothing alike! He’s such a macho man, how the hell did he have such a pretty boy son?! A gene mutation?!’

Fu Rao was rather surprised as well. Even the proud and noble struggled to lay their eyes on him, yet this young lady examined him without a single trace of fear.

‘As I thought; she’s quite interesting.’

“So what’d you grab me for?” Shi Sheng casually asked, leaning back.

“Don’t say it like that; I invited you so many times, yet you didn’t give me any face at all. What else could I do but come to see you personally?” Fu Rao looked like a burly man, yet he used such a gentle tone. It had a strange gap… moe?

‘Don’t joke. It’s awkward as fuck. Like seeing a modern person in an ancient setting.’

“Can you speak normally? Don’t tell me this is how you normally speak? If that’s the case, it’s a miracle no one’s overthrown you yet.”

Fu Rao, “…” ‘It was because I was afraid of scaring you off! I thought young ladies nowadays liked this kind of gentle uncle image?!’

It was quite clear that Shi Sheng wasn’t a normal young lady.

“*ahem*…” Fu Rao resumed his usual style of speech. “Your name is Bei Zhi?”

“You already know the answer. Even if you don’t have all my information, I’m pretty sure you must have at least 70 to 80% of it. Stop wasting my time and get to the point. If you’re going to silence me, hurry up. I’m busy.” Shi Sheng got impatient.

‘I hate these people who ask questions they already know the answers to. You already clearly know all 18 generations of my ancestors, so what the fuck are you still asking me for?!

Are you expecting me to be like the little white flower female leads who’ll put on a surprised expression and go, “How did you know?”?!

Are you an idiot? You think you’re filming a TV show?’

Honestly speaking, the last time people had dared to speak to Fu Rao like this had only been before he had taken the position of head of the Fu Family. After he had become the head of the Fu Family, who would dare to use this tone of speech with him?

‘This girl is really unbridled to the point of no return…’

“You’re not afraid?”

“Can fear be eaten? Or can it get you to stop blathering?” Shi Sheng calmly replied with questions.