Chapter 26

Only after making her arrangements did Shi Sheng have time to go persuade Fu Qin. When Shi Sheng arrived, it became obvious that the Fu Family had already told Fu Qin about it. Everyone was on tenterhooks, and no one dared to approach Fu Qin’s room.

Uncle Jian and the group of bodyguards stood at the foot of the stairs, worried expressions on their faces.

They looked at Shi Sheng as if she was their savior and brought her to Fu Qin’s room without delay.

Fu Qin’s room was dark, the black curtains drawn to prevent any sunlight from making its way inside. The only source of light came from a laptop playing a muted video on the bed.

Fu Qin sat there, his head slightly tilted as he watched the video. His expression held a gentleness Shi Sheng had never seen before.

Shi Sheng shut the door and slowly walked over to Fu Qin. She could clearly see the video on the laptop’s screen.

In the video, there was a cute child around 5 to 6 years of age. He was tied to a chair, his breathing uneven from excessive sobbing.

On another chair, a woman was tied up. The woman seemed to be saying something, trying to comfort the boy.

The scene seemed to shake a bit as half of a man’s body appeared. Though his face wasn’t visible, from the woman’s enraged and disgusted expression, it was clear he was speaking.

Pa!

The laptop was suddenly slammed shut, and the room sank into darkness.

Whoosh!

Brilliant light chased away the dark shadows. Fu Qin turned his head robotically, his expression dead.

In the sunlight, the young woman stood. She was like the light she let in, charging into the shadow-filled world.

Into his world.

Fu Qin suddenly stood up. He walked towards Shi Sheng and stopped a few paces away. His pitch-black eyes stared solely at her, never moving away. Shi Sheng frowned slightly. ‘What does he want?’

Fu Qin slowly leaned down, his handsome face inching closer to Shi Sheng’s.

He reached out, his hand cautiously approaching Shi Sheng. Shi Sheng’s brows furrowed deeper. She pondered over tossing him or not.

Right as Fu Qin’s hand was about to touch her face, he suddenly turned.

Whoosh!

The room suddenly sank into darkness once more.

Feeling something lunge for her, Shi Sheng instinctively dodged to the side. She had forgotten, however, that the bed was there; she tripped and fell onto the soft bed. After that, a heavy object pressed down on her.

“Fu Qin!” ‘You death-courting idiot!’

Fu Qin didn’t say anything. He simply scooted off her, then burrowed into her arms, tightly trapping her waist against his. He seemed very insecure.

Shi Sheng, “…” ‘The hell do you take me for?! And where do you think you’re putting your face?! You’re acting up even without eating your medicine?!’

Shi Sheng attempted to pry his paws off, but Fu Qin held on with so much strength that even after a long struggle, Shi Sheng still hadn’t managed to escape his clutches. On the contrary, their positions ended up looking more and more ambiguous the more she struggled.

Shi Sheng didn’t dare to move. Fu Qin’s age was at that hot-blooded, impulsive period. It’d be better not to do anything to tempt him.

After who knows how long, Fu Qin’s slightly hoarse voice spoke up, “Will you… go abroad with me?”