Chapter 9

June 16th 2014

Listening to Noah’s singing under his balcony made her realize that she missed hearing his angelic voice, even though they spent last night singing; she missed his performance on his balcony. Except for this time, Noah isn’t looking into a far distance replaying memories of his dead fiancée; he is looking at Melissa.

Noah flushed whenever his girlfriend’s smile grew bigger; he tried so hard not to disappoint her by stumbling on the notes. He kept his gaze at her and continued singing, he forgot the people around them, the frequent sound of car horns, and people talking loudly. It is as if he and Melissa are the only people in this block.

Once the songs of the day ended, Noah motioned for Melissa to come to his apartment. She nodded and disappeared into the gates of the building, he took the minute to adjust himself. He changed his baggy pants into black jeans and black toms; he changed his white top into a red one.

Just on time, Melissa knocked on the door. He didn’t bother to comb his messy hair; he learnt that she likes messy hair so he kept them. Once Noah opened the door he is greeted with a peck on the lips, his knees shook. Oh god Melissa, the control you have over me.

He bit his lip as he saw her hips moves gently left to right making her – short – skirt fly around with her moves, her t-shirt tucked under the black skirt and her brown hair is made in a ponytail making her look more clever and sexy. As her black heels clicked on the floor, she made her way to the couch and took a seat.

“Would you like us to have breakfast with me?” He questioned her sheepishly.

“Actually Isabelle and I are supposed to meet at Starbucks in half an hour, so no thank you. But I can help!” She suggested but both she and Noah know that she can’t even fry the eggs. Actually she can actually fry them, but she doesn’t.

“No thanks, for a woman who knows how to bake. You really aren’t the best um, ‘breakfast cook’ but I can teach you know if you like to.” He gave a better suggestion and she nodded.

Once they reached the kitchen Noah questioned her. “You never told me the reason why you dislike cooking breakfast, I mean tasting a few of your cakes you really are a good cook.”

Melissa tried to smile at the compliment he gave her, but she couldn’t. The question she dreaded for him to ask her that would lead into telling him her story was just asked. “Breakfast is the time where family gathers, you know they discuss their plans for the day, siblings fight over a last piece of pancake, it is the perfect time for the family to bond and tease each other.” She sat on the counter and smiled sadly looking at the wall in front of her. “My family isn’t the perfect one; we never have a normal breakfast. Tension fills the room every time we all gather at the same table, no one speaks a word. It made me hate breakfast, I never cook it, I know this is a weird thing to be, I don’t know afraid of but it is full with memories that’s all.”

Noah nodded and turned to her, sending her a soft look. He rubbed her knee in comfort and she attempted to kiss his cheek but he leaned his head to the right and their lips met in a hungry kiss. No not a hungry kiss because Noah is starving for food, he is starving for her. Noah is the perfect guy every girl dreams of, handsome features, toned body, perfect personality and most importantly he is not a player.