Confusion;

Paris

Before I could use my right judgement, I felt myself kissing back. My eyes widened as I realized what I was doing and I pulled away.
"No. No. This..this isn't happening."

He sighed and slightly moved away.
"I'm sorry.."

"Kyrie..you have Kehlani and your daughter. You have your own little family and I have someone in my life-"

"That instagram model of a guy you came to the game with?" He scoffed.

I decided to ignore his comment.
"Yes. We've each grown without each other, why can't we just continue that?"

"Because I haven't grown without you! I think about you everyday. I try not to but somehow I find something that reminds me of you, I feel myself drowning in the mistakes that I made in our relationship..I..." He stopped and looked into my eyes. "I still need you.."

Before I could respond, Kai walked over with a smile on his face.
"Hey baby! Did you find the tortillas?"

"Yeah." I smiled, kissing his lips before turning back to Kyrie.

"Kyrie Irving! Funny bumping into you here?"

Kyrie slightly nodded.
"Just catching up with an old friend."

Kai raised his eyebrow.
"You two-"

"Know each other? Yeah." Kyrie smirked. "We know each other very-"

"We bumped into each other a couple of times when we both lived in Cleveland. Nothing serious.." I said, slightly glaring at Kyrie.

Kai nodded as he intertwined my hand with his.
"I didn't know you knew a famous basketball player."

"There's a lot of things she hasn't-"

"We should go Kai."

"Yeah of course." He said, grabbing the cart.

I turned to Kyrie before following Kai and sighed.
"Just leave me alone. Okay? We don't need each other. I don't need you and I don't want you in my life. Please fucking respect that." I seethed before walking away.

—————————

Kai was unusually quiet as we ate dinner. He leaned back and looked down at his empty plate. I shifted awkwardly when my phone vibrated.

Shabae🥰🤪
How was it seeing him again?

Me
Weird..it was weird..hard to imagine we were once a couple..it was just awkward

"You finished?" Kai asked, standing over me, causing me to jump.

I nodded.
"Yeah. I'm done."

He grabbed the plate and walked to the kitchen. I put my phone away and followed him as he continued his silence.
"What's wrong?"

He gave me a confused face before turning back to the sink.
"Nothing."

"Somethings wrong. You've barely said two words since we came back from the store."

He sighed and turned to me.
"You knew Kyrie Irving before you moved to Boston?"

I nodded.
"Yeah I did."

"How did you know him?"

"Did we date? Is that what you want to know?"

He sighed.
"Is that what he meant by 'there's a lot she hasn't told you'?"

Damnit Kyrie...
"He shouldn't have said that."

"Well what did he mean by it?"

"We did date..I was actually happy when you didn't know me as Kyrie's ex girlfriend. It was all over tabloids, but it was a long time ago. It's over now and I'm past it. The game was the first time I'd seen him in over a year."

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"No babe."

"Do you guys still talk?"

"No. We have no contact what so ever. It's just you and me. No extras." I said, walking over to him.

He nodded and pulled me closer to him.
"Okay. Okay. Sorry about that..the comment just got to me.."

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his lips.
"It's okay."

He smiled and kissed me back.
"It's not. I didn't mean to get jealous, I should've just asked you."

"It's okay, really, I'd expect you to ask about my past. I've lived a pretty public life."

"You are the little sister of one of the best shooting guards in the NBA."

"That's true." I chuckled, He at first didn't know who I was and when he found out he was completely in awe.

"I'm still sorry."

"Don't be. I like it when you get jealous." I smiled, kissing him again.

He picked me up and chuckled.
"I'm glad that makes you happy babygirl."