Savior;

It was quiet in the car except for the rain pattering against the windows and the windshield wipers. Kyrie's face was stern and he hadn't looked at me since we left the club. I was still so shaken that I hadn't said anything since we left.

I looked up at him and sighed.
"Thank you."

He kept looking ahead.

"Kyrie."

Silence.

"Say something.."

He stopped at a red light, gripping the steering wheel tightly.
"What the hell do you want me to say Paris!? I told you not to fucking stay with him and look what the hell happened! I should've..I should've just fucking left your ass-I-" He clutched his hand. "Then I wouldn't have this fucked up hand."

"I'm sorry.."

I could feel him staring at me but I didn't turn to match his gaze. I continued to stare out at the rain pattered windows at the bright Boston city lights that I had become accustomed to. Soon he pulled in front of my apartment building and parked the car.

He still hadn't said a word and I reached for the door handle but before I could, I turned to him.
"Come up."

He raised an eyebrow.
"No. No..I have to head hom-"

"I can fix your hand just, let me help..please."

He sighed and questioned it, before reaching for his keys and turning off the ignition.
"Fine." He said, holding his hand. "Let's go."

——————————————

"Ah!" He winced as I wrapped it.

"Sorry.."

"Stop apologizing..."

I nodded, sealing the non permanent cast.
"Put some ice in it. It should be better in the morning."

He nodded.
"Thanks."

"Don't thank me."

He stopped me, as I went to grab him an ice pack.
"Wait.."

I sat back and looked up at him.

He sighed.
"I hate to say this but..I don't regret helping you earlier..I was just irritated when I said what I said in the car."

"Understandably.." I nodded. "I should've listened to you..you were trying to help. I was the one being an asshole, still clinging to the past."

He gave me a small smile.
"I'll always be there. Why were you following him anyways?"

"I was lookin for my friend that I came with, Jean, he said he saw her. I guess he was just watching and wanted to trap me by leading me to where she was."

He nodded.

"I shouldn't have gone either way. That was stupid on my part, I mean, if you hadn't been there-"

"Stop." He said, it would kill him if something happened to me. "I'm just glad your okay." He squeezed my hand reassuringly and I smiled back.

I looked towards him and sighed.
"Give me your phone."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Give me your phone."

He handed me his phone and I went to his contact list deleting my old number, replacing it with my new number, and handing him back his phone.
P

His eyes slightly widened as I handed him back his phone.
"This is you-"

"My new number? Yes. Any person that would defend me like that, no matter the history, shouldn't be iced out. You..you hurt me..in ways you can't even imagine Ky, but I'm happy now and I have someone to repair what you broke, so I have no reason to hold onto the past. I want to start over with you. I have to accept that in some way, by fate, you will always be apart of my life. Just as friends. Nothing more..just new friends. Can you handle that?"

He nodded quickly with a smile.
"Yeah. Yes. Of course, I...I wouldn't trade being your friend for the world.."

I gave him a small smile and hugged him, happy to be in his arms.
"Thank you again."

I felt him hug me back tightly.
"I missed you so much."

I couldn't even lie..I missed this too..