Work;

Paris

"Girl!"

"Yes Shaniya?" I chuckled.

I hadn't talked to Shaniya much since I was still adapting to living in Boston and she was in the process of moving to California with Kevin.

"You at work?"

"On break. I'm about to clock out anyways..how are you and Kev?"

"We're fine." She smiled.

"You've always had an amazing dating life. I envy it." I smiled back.

"Shut up." She chuckled. "You've had a decent dating life. If you exclude Malik and Ky-.."

"You can say his name chica. His name isn't a curse."

"Okay, so have you talked to him since the incident or seen him?"

"No. I made a vow not to speak to him and I've been sticking to it."

In all honesty, I haven't seen Kyrie or heard of him, not even on social media. Nothing unless it was basketball news. Him with the Celtics had been a raging topic though I didn't really care. I had been paying more attention to the western conference. Chris Paul going to Houston. Paul George and Carmelo going to OKC. This should be an interesting year for my brother and his team..

"How are you and your white chocolate boy toy Kai?" She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

His name brought a smile to my face.
"Amazing. He's amazing. There's only one thing.."

"What's up?"

"He wants to become official..and I don't think I'm ready for that.."

"I understand..you want to take it slow and play it safe so you won't get hurt again..and I think that's a smart decision.."

"You're a great therapist Shay."

"That's why I chose it as a career girl. How's the new job?"

"Great! I love working with the patients here. I never have a dull day here with the kids. It's one of the best jobs I could ever ask for.."

"That's amazing." She smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks. How's it over there in Oakland?"

"Great..Kevin has helped me a lot with adjusting."

I nodded. I could hear Kevin in the background, and soon his deep voice rang through the phone causing me to chuckle.

"Paris!"

"Hello to you Kevin."

He smiled.
"How's Boston? Is it cold?"

"Yes it is. You Californians are lucky as hell!"

"We are, aren't we."