Chapter 6

Happy New Year!

Zoey's POV.

I woke up very early today. I kept thinking of a plan to escape but there was no way out. The room was small and I could hardly find a place to hide because I'm definitely not going back to those lunatics especially that women abuser.

"Zoey I hope you awake." I heard Careen say and I quickly went to hide behind the door. I can't stay here any longer. That man Ian Rider will definitely kill me after all he was telling his girlfriend to beat me up. I can't trust anyone here expect for maybe Lewis who helped me.

"Zoey where a--" I quickly hit the vest on Careen's head as soon as she entered my room.

"Sorry." I whispered running out of the room.

I locked the door behind me because that's what she has been doing to me. I quickly went out of the house and went outside without no one bossing me around or anything was the best. There was no time for me to celebrate my victory of freedom.

I ran down the street looking for help but a car stopped right in front of me.

Thank god there's still some good people in this cruel world.

"Zoey, get in the car." The man said and I couldn't see his face. Everything about the car was black.

"Who are you?" I asked and he step out of the car. "Lewis." I added taking a few step back.

"Where's Careen?" He asked and I quickly walked backwards. "Zoey what did you do to her?" He walked closer to me and I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, at this moment I was grateful for being an athlete. I was grateful for always being part of the sport in my school.

As I run down the streets of New York city. The city that never sleeps they say but that's a big lie because it was around six I would say and there was hardly anyone outside. I wondered if I should go back home. But then the unexpected happened. The unbelievable. The was no sign of Lewis anymore so I saw two guys talking to another guy. I walked closer to them to ask for help. But what I saw was something I should have never seen. Something I always heard about. One thing I knew was if I made it out alive today. And went back home or to the black panthers I would've always be grateful. I would marry John. I would do anything to never have seen and came to this side of New York. I was so caught up crying and running away from Lewis and thinking about how my life changed because of the wedding and everything. I didn't noticed where I was and that they have seen me.

Two men's wearing the same clothes. More to be specific greenish jackets and pants. As if it was uniform. I thought they were robbing the other man but then I heard one say "Boss isn't happy your time is finished, rather Prepare his things in hell" I thought of the movies but then he pulled his gun out and shot the man three times.

"Oh my god." I shouted "Please tell me I walked in a movie being made." I added worried hoping that I did actually walk in a movie being made. But I knew it was reality and that they would kill me next. But I lost it and forgot I just shouted. So they saw me and I run. I run so fast that my legs couldn't take it anymore. I was running away from the black panthers the most fared Mafia and right now I'm running away from two other criminals who killed a man.

As soon as I thought I lost them I heard a few more gunshots and I quickly went to hide but after a few minutes of waiting to see if they gone someone knocked me out.